Customizing the appearance of a badge

Question

• Hi,

I noticed that in the Windows SDK samples for "App tiles and badges sample" the badge did not have a grey back ground and the fore colour was white on a blue background. 

How was that achieved. I would like to customize the following attributes of the badge in XAML.

1. Fore colour of the numbers

2. Back ground colour of the badge to look clear on top of the icon that is used as the tile.

3. If possible remove the grey colour and use some other colour or a transparent background colour.

Please note that I am using the NotificationsExtensions to create and display my badge.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 4:52 AM

Answers

• in the app manifest you can set the background color of your tile; this will be used as background of your bagde

the foreground color you can only choose between dark (black) and light (white) and also can be done in the manifest

making it transparent isn't possible..

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Proposed as answer by Ramya SJ Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by M.Rajesh Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:41 AM

All replies

• in the app manifest you can set the background color of your tile; this will be used as background of your bagde

the foreground color you can only choose between dark (black) and light (white) and also can be done in the manifest

making it transparent isn't possible..

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Proposed as answer by Ramya SJ Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by M.Rajesh Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am unable to find the location where the property is set.

Can you please let me know the exact location in the sample project given by Microsoft 

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wpapps/App-tiles-and-badges-sample-5fc49148

I searched the code everywhere but cannot find a reference where the background of the tile was set to blue and the text to white. 

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Hi,

I finally understood that the appearance of the tile affects the badge. And i was able to achieve my goal.

Thanks a lot for this hint.

Regards,

Rajesh

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:48 AM