How to get SMS message id list in windows.device.sms?

Question

• Hi,

What should i do if i want to get message id list from device store like SIM card? Is there an API to do this? And if there are 3 messages,their ids are 1,2 and 3, after i delete the message which id is 2, what happend to the others? the others' id would be changed?

Thank you!

Monday, September 24, 2012 2:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I checked an AT Command specification and even on AT Commands level, i dont see a command that returns only the indexes(ids). There is an AT Command to list messages by status and it returns  index, status, something, length, and pdu.

If we think SMS API as a wrapper of these AT commands, i dont think there is a way to get only ids. 

For the second question, id should not changed, thats my opinion. To confirm you can easily test it right? 

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:15 PM

All replies

• Tatatee,

I will look into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Monday, September 24, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Hi,

I checked an AT Command specification and even on AT Commands level, i dont see a command that returns only the indexes(ids). There is an AT Command to list messages by status and it returns  index, status, something, length, and pdu.

If we think SMS API as a wrapper of these AT commands, i dont think there is a way to get only ids. 

For the second question, id should not changed, thats my opinion. To confirm you can easily test it right? 

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:15 PM