Can we use silverlight for playing audio files in blackberry application ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1763913335 posted

Hi,

I want to create a mobile musical website using blackberry silmulator. Is that application compatible with other types of phones?  Can we test the application with another phone simulators and   If working, can we conclude  that it is  ok for other phones also ?

I want to use microsoft silverlight components for playing songs.. Is that possible in blackberry ?

Can we use ajax toolkit in this website..?

Is there any problem with using these things in black berry simulator , unlike the normal webbrowsers... ?

and if there is,   suggest a remedy also...

Thanks & Regards,

Durga

Sunday, February 20, 2011 1:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• User1943143334 posted

Hi,

Silverlight is not suported in BlackBerry Mobile browsers. Either it won't support in Apple Mobile Safari too[i mean for Apple iPhone].

For developing Blackberry applications, you can use the BlackBerry simulators. If your application is working file, you can conclude that it will work in other phones too. but do check the display issues. Make sure you add the following META tags to avaoid display issues in Mobile Phones.

<meta name="HandheldFriendly" content="true" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=5.0; "/>

For more information for developing BlackBerry web apps, check the following links,

https://roopeshreddy.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/developing-web-applications-for-blackberry-mobiles-using-microsoft-asp-net/

https://roopeshreddy.wordpress.com/2011/01/03/asp-net-server-controls-in-blackberry-browser/

Hope it helps u...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:55 AM
  • User1763913335 posted

Thanks for replying,

I also want to know whether ajax can be used in the Blackberry Simulators. I have searched the blackberry forums and seen that we have to enable the browser javascript configuration from the blackberry simulator.  Ajax is supported by Blackberry Bold Silmulator, but you have to change the browser configuration in the simulator. I didn't find an option for doing so in the browser. How can i use ajax toolkit in blackberry application..?  What i have to do for enabling ajax ?  I have the blackberry bold, storm and torch simulators, Which is appropriate for enabling ajax  ?

Thank You,

Durga

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:04 AM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

You can use Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit, but it renders it weirdly. Because, the Blackberry browsers has limitations, with the asp.net ajax.

Check the following links for more information.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2009/09/using-ajax-to-improve-your-mobile-website/ 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-Development/Blackberry-browser-support-for-AJAX/m-p/21370

My suggestion is dont use ajax toolkit control in blackberry browsers. It may not render properly. Basic ajax request works fine.

Hope it helps u...

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:44 AM
  • User1763913335 posted

Thanks again for replying,

I want to do rating of songs in  my website. I was thinking like i can use the rating control in ajax control toolkit. Now what i do  if i am not using ajax ?  Can you suggest any solution ..?

Also, I want a music player both compatible with asp.net and blackberry browser ?  I want to play select song files with that music player ? is any available..?

Thank you,

Durga

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:50 AM
  • User1943143334 posted

Hi,

For Rating control, you can create this using javascript. Take 10 star images with 5 greyed color and 5 gold colour.  Use the onmouseover and onclick events in javascript and create the Rating control.

For music player, you cannot play songs in the BlackBerry browser. You have to use Flash player. Unfortunately Flash player is also not supported in Blackberry browsers. 

On option is, allow users to download the songs into their device and  let them play it in Native music player.

Hope it helps u...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:47 AM
  • User261650616 posted
    ok this exact thing about creating a website where users can rate songs and also play it with the BB browser is what i also want to do..and it was in my research about it that i stumbled on this great and good forum.... ok please @Durga89 please i want to know if u have been able to creat this particular site you mentioned??? amd please how did u achieve it ??
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:32 PM
  • User1763913335 posted

Hi,

I am working on it, till I didn't succeed in it.

Thank& Regards,

Durga

Friday, March 11, 2011 11:32 PM
  • User261650616 posted
    ok thank you... but do u know any one that can make it possible... i'm ready to pay for the services rendered... because i need that site before may 2011
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 4:00 PM
  • User1763913335 posted

Hi,

I don't know much about that and am still trying to find how i can succeed.  I have to do it before April 15...   Sorry for that...

Thanks & Regards,

Durga

Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:42 AM
  • User261650616 posted
    ok I've been thinking.... I'm not into programming at all... But I was thinking can't the same network or should coding and all that.. Can't the same thing used by all this video streaming sites like youtube and others live streaming site like Cnn....can the same type of programming be used... Since it works on a BB to watch videos.... The musice or audio version should b able to be created.... I do hope dis contribution helps come up with something good... Yours Faithful, Ayob..
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:15 AM