none
VS crashes down when using the adapter service reference RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    I try to add an adapter service reference to generate a WCF-service-class (for a SAP-system), but VS2005 (SP1) crashes  without any error message. The failure occures when the "Add Adapter Service Reference"-Form try to connect to the sap-system.

    Did anyone know this problem?

     

     

    Thanks for help.

     

    Greetings,

    Chris

    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:13 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Check if there is some error present in the Event Viewer. Also, check if your SAP Client libraries are installed properly. You can verify that your SAP Client libraries are installed properly by using the tool made by Mustansir here : http://blogs.msdn.com/adapters/archive/2007/10/05/validating-sap-client-libraries.aspx

     

    Thanks,
    Manas.

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Hi Manas,

     

    I installed the both C++ sources and used the Verify-Tool by Mustansir, but I got the same result. VS 8 crashed. Any other idea? There is no entry in the event log.

    The Tool showed me the following informations:

     

    ProtocolVersion = 3

    SapRelease = 6400

    PatchLevel= 0

    PatchNumber = 117

     

    Thanks for help,

    Chris

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 7:39 AM
  •  

    Is the problem specific to SAP or this happens with other  adapters in BizTalk adapter pack (Oracle / Siebel) too? Which release of BizTalk adapter pack are you using?
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:54 AM
  • This problem is SAP specific. I use the BizTalk Adpater Pack Evaluation RTM, released at 6. Feb.

     

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:45 PM
  • I got it. It works with a new version of the "librfc32u.dll".

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:35 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue.
    My Visual Studio is still crashing though.  (Windows Server 2003, Visual Studio 2005 SP1)

    I have v.7.10 of both "librfc32.dll" and "librfc32u.dll" in the system32 folder of my development machine.  (I had a v6 of "librfc32.dll" which was installed by the Adapter Pack I am guessing.) 

    I got the newer versions from a SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version that I downloaded from the SAP Developer Network.  (www.sdn.sap.com)

    My company does not have a SAP License, and therefore I cannot log on to the SAP Service Marketplace to download all the prerequisites specified here:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185322.aspx

    The SAP Trial is running on its own machine.

    Is there anyone that can give me some advice on this?
    Monday, March 10, 2008 6:03 PM
  • Hi,

    I have exactly the the same problem. The strange thing is that we have one Virtual PC were it works and on where the VS 2005 crashes. Have tried to compare the two installations but cant fin dany difference.

     

    Did someone get a solution on this problem?

     

     

    //Ralf
    Monday, April 28, 2008 9:20 AM
  • I also had the same problem (VS crashing when testing the connection), with the checker tool reporting:

    ProtocolVersion = 3
    SapRelease = 7100
    PatchLevel= 0
    PatchNumber = 121

    I replaced the DLL's with a different set of files, now the checker-tool reports:

    ProtocolVersion = 3
    SapRelease = 7000
    PatchLevel= 0
    PatchNumber = 159

    ... but I managed to open the connection to SAP (which is a SAP 6.0 installation with sap client 7.1 - and not 7.000).

    The first set of DLL's were:

    06/20/2008  04:35 PM            73,793 gsskrb5.dll
    06/20/2008  04:37 PM            65,601 gssntlm.dll
    09/07/2008  11:02 PM         4,382,720 librfc32u.dll
    07/11/2006  05:43 PM         1,060,864 mfc71.dll
    07/11/2006  06:02 PM         1,053,184 mfc71u.dll
    07/11/2006  05:35 PM           503,808 msvcp71.dll
    02/01/2007  03:11 PM           344,064 msvcr71.dll

    And the one which worked were (note: x86, not x64):

    06/20/2008  05:35 PM            73,793 gsskrb5.dll
    06/20/2008  05:37 PM            65,601 gssntlm.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM         8,495,104 icudt26l.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM         8,572,928 icudt30.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM           606,208 icuin26.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM           692,224 icuin30.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM           528,384 icuuc26.dll
    04/10/2007  08:43 PM           602,112 icuuc30.dll
    05/05/2008  05:50 AM         6,356,992 librfc32u.dll
    01/15/2007  10:31 PM            94,208 Libsapu16vc71.dll
    07/11/2006  06:43 PM         1,060,864 mfc71.dll
    07/11/2006  07:02 PM         1,053,184 mfc71u.dll
    07/11/2006  06:35 PM           503,808 msvcp71.dll
    02/01/2007  03:11 PM           344,064 msvcr71.dll


    I am not sure if the problem was caused by missing DLL's or wrong versions of DLL's. Anyway, maybe the adapter sdk/pack should check these situations, and AT LEAST log something to the event log. :)

    Thanks,
    João Martins

    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:08 PM