Using filters in creating a view on Sharepoint calendar RRS feed

• Question

• My office has a Sharepoint site set up, where we mainly use the calendar to record our travel, etc. I've been asked to create public views to filter the calendar according to the different teams in our office. I have no problems with this - have done this many times - but am trying to create a view for our largest team, and when I try to filter by their names, there are simply not enough columns available for me to add everyone. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Natashah,

You can create a new Choice column with all the team names, when create new event in calendar, select the team name which the event belong to.
    Then when you filter for different team view in calendar, you can use the team name to filter.

If you want to display more than 10 Filters in the ViewNew.aspx page, you can customize the ViewNew.aspx page in the 12\Tempalte\layouts folder, modify the 10 to the required number (not modify the value width=10).

Note, back up the ViewNew.aspx page before the modification.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Natashah,

You can create a new Choice column with all the team names, when create new event in calendar, select the team name which the event belong to.
    Then when you filter for different team view in calendar, you can use the team name to filter.

If you want to display more than 10 Filters in the ViewNew.aspx page, you can customize the ViewNew.aspx page in the 12\Tempalte\layouts folder, modify the 10 to the required number (not modify the value width=10).

Note, back up the ViewNew.aspx page before the modification.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:52 AM
  • Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your suggested solutions. I'm going to investigate your idea of customizing the ViewNew.aspx page - wish me luck!

Cheers,

Natasha

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:51 PM
  • Hi , 
    Any update on this,

How can we coonect query string filter for Calandar view in sharepoint 2013 OOB.

I 'm searching for this solution from last one month , but did not found any.

please help.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:44 AM