none
Enabling multiple UART's in WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on WEC7, and want to enable support for multiple UART, by default one UART is enabled for debugging purpose, also our hardware supports 4 UART's.

So any one please tell me how should I proceed with solving this problem.

Thank you. 

Bhavesh

Monday, February 10, 2014 6:37 AM

All replies

• Already replied here :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0889d2b8-b327-427c-a573-a4c096134a19/how-to-enable-multi-uart-support-in-am335x-bsp?forum=winembplatdev

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

• Edited by Misbah Khan Monday, February 10, 2014 6:42 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 6:41 AM
  • Thank you for your reply sir...

Sir I have one more question, whenever we select some catalog item then the dependent catalog items are selected by default, so which file or piece of code is responsible to carry out this task ?

Thank you.

Bhavesh

Monday, February 10, 2014 12:36 PM
  • You can check for the dependency by right clicking on the catalog view for that component and click for "Show dependencies"

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, February 10, 2014 12:46 PM
  • Sir,

I have added entries for 3 additional UART ports in our BSP, for that I had done necessary pin muxing and padding configuration for these ports with changes in .reg file and then calling these from bootloaders main function. With this I got 3 UART ports and default UART0 port open in my custom developed application. But when I tried to test these ports for data tranfer (send and receive operation) it failed, i.e, Although its not giving any error for these operations but nothing is displayed on receive console. Are there any other settings that I have to do to enable data transfer functionality.

Thank you.

Bhavesh

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 10:28 AM
  • Assuming that every thing is ok with the H/W configuration.

recheck your mux settings Rx/Tx pins. Dont use any flow control to begin with.

Is your driver re configuring the mux setting which you have done in BL

-- misbah

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:31 PM