Error 0x80072ff8f we couldn't get your developer license for windows 8

Question

• Hello i am trying to get a developer license but i get the error 0x80072ff8f. I check the internet connection but everything seems to be fine.

can someone help me?

Thursday, March 05, 2015 10:54 PM

Answers

• Hi mariog188,

Could you please tell me what is your OS and Visual studio version?

In my mind first please try to restart your Visual Studio and try to get your developer license again by using the following steps:
    Please go to “Project” menu –> Navigate to “Store” sub menu and click the sub menu item named “Acquire Developer License”.
    If the above steps can not help, please try to get a developer license at a command prompt, for more information about how to implement it, please try to refer to this article:
    #Get a developer license (Store apps):
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 .

Besides, I wonder if you have some proxy setting or VPN or some other Internet setting, please try to remove them and acquire your developer license again to see whether it works.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 06, 2015 5:01 AM