Is this possible for parameter RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

Is the following possible:

I have three parameters and the users wish to only use one of them and run the report. They might use A or B or C parameters. But you cannot leave parameters blank in RS, therefore if parameters are set-up they need to have values. I guess I can put default values and then in my SQL do some kind of case. But was wondering if you can leave some parameters blank in RS?

Thanks

Friday, November 21, 2008 12:43 PM

Answers

•  

Ive jus found out u can leave parameters blank by setting up Allow blank values in reporting parameters....
    Friday, November 21, 2008 2:23 PM

All replies

• If a default value is not provided in the report then upon delivery the user will be prompted for the parameters value.  If you provide default values then the report will be rendered with the default value, but the user will have the ability to change the value(s).

Hope this helps

Friday, November 21, 2008 12:46 PM
  •  

So there is no way of leaving the paramters (or some of them) blank?

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:00 PM
  • They can be left blank, but the report will not be rendered unless the user provides all parameters or default values are provided in the rdl.

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:07 PM
  • ok so in order to run a report u need to have parameters blank and they need to be filled.

Thanks for your help.

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:08 PM
  •  

Ive jus found out u can leave parameters blank by setting up Allow blank values in reporting parameters....
    Friday, November 21, 2008 2:23 PM