Need Silverlight developer runtime when run an app LightSwitch in VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

When press F5 to run an app LightSwitch in VS 2015, I've received a error message: Unable to start debugging. The Silverlight Developer Runtime is not installed.

The Silverlight's installed on my pc and the Silverlight 5 SDK, too. What's wrong?

Plz help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Friday, March 25, 2016 8:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In our opinion, it's recommended to uninstall "Microsoft Silverlight" form Add/Remove Programs . Then install the developer runtime according to the error message.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:55 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 5:24 AM

All replies

• I think that error message includes a link to download and/or install the Silverlight SDK. I've had the same experience, and following the suggested path to install the SDK clears the error and I can resume working. I don't know why this situation comes up occasionally- maybe some software updates affect the test being run? Anyway, the link cures the problem.

Paul

Sunday, March 27, 2016 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

In our opinion, it's recommended to uninstall "Microsoft Silverlight" form Add/Remove Programs . Then install the developer runtime according to the error message.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:55 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 5:24 AM