none
Storing pushpins for later use RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way in which one can "store" pushpins so that they do not have to be generated each time the map control is invoked (launched)?  I am developing an application where the user will be able to see many locations (up to 4,000 or so eventually) on the map and to interact with these locations dynamically through a list (which is very fast) and through the map.  Currently, each time the map is invoked I create a pushpin collection representing the set of pushpins for these locations.  Load times for a large number of stores (over 1000) are several seconds (many seconds in Opera, which works but I know is not supported).

Please understand that I am not sure what "storing" the data for pushpins would even entail let alone how to do it.

Thank you in advance for any guidance on this issue.

Jack

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:19 PM

Answers

• With that many pins, I would recommend looking into creating a tile layer instead of creating each pin individually. You will get much better performance, both at load time and during map navigation.

You can still make the tile layer interactive by hanlding mouse events and querying a service to get the details.

• Marked as answer by Jack Herr Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:04 PM

All replies

• With that many pins, I would recommend looking into creating a tile layer instead of creating each pin individually. You will get much better performance, both at load time and during map navigation.

You can still make the tile layer interactive by hanlding mouse events and querying a service to get the details.

• Marked as answer by Jack Herr Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Thank you.  I will look into this.

Jack

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:17 PM