how to add schemas for DB2 in Biztalk App & how to fill DB2 info RRS feed

• Question

• I created one new empty Biztalk app and plan to get data from DB2. I need to add send port and schemas for DB2. In Visual Studio 2008, right click biztalk app and click Add --> Add Generated Items --> Add Adapter Metadata --> Add Adapter Wizard, then select DB2, --> DB2 Adapter Schema Generation Wizard, I need to enter below data for this popup page and don't which data fit which:
    Initial catalog:

Package Collection:

Default schemas

default qualifier

Database name:

My environment:

I have sql servser 2008 on my computer and have DB2 on remote server and DB2 server infomation as below:

unique copy name: DB2COPY9110
      port: 50001
      instance name: DB2_01
      server name: win2k3db2
      login user:Administrator
      password: password
      One Database name: SAMPLE
      One TABLE NAME: ACT

how to use these information to fill above widnow ?

thanks for help

Gary

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

When using the wizard for generating schema's for DB2 yo first need to select DataSource Platform (DB2) and network type i.e. TCP. Then you will have to setup security and choose between Kereberos, Interactieve logon (i.e. username/password) or Single Sign On. Then you will go to most important step connection configuration, where you will need to create package. Here you can test connection to DB2 and create package, which contains access information for DB2 and are vital for DB2 Adapter to be able to communicatie with DB2 database (the procedure I describe here is based on what I have done using HIS 2006 with BizTalk 2006 R2). What necessary prerequisites for DB2 Adapter are see DB2 Adapter Installation Components.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Marked as answer by Gary_MSDN Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:41 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:18 PM
  • I guess your best options lies in checking with the DB2 DBA.

Here is the link to get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932791/en-us

• Marked as answer by Gary_MSDN Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:40 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

Please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa745380(v=BTS.10).aspx for instructions.

You should ask your DB2 resource to provide you connection string.  Ask him to create ODBC connection and then get and use that information while generating DB2 adapter.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed

Please mark it as answer if it helps
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:56 AM

All replies

• I guess your best options lies in checking with the DB2 DBA.

Here is the link to get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932791/en-us

Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

Please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa745380(v=BTS.10).aspx for instructions.

You should ask your DB2 resource to provide you connection string.  Ask him to create ODBC connection and then get and use that information while generating DB2 adapter.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed

Please mark it as answer if it helps
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:56 AM
  • I have downloaded and install Developer version DB2 in another machine and I have post info for my DB2.

1. How can I get connection information from DB2 for my Biztalk

2. Do I need to install DB2 driver, or ODBC for DB2 because I have installed "Biztalk Adapters for HostSystems2.0" in my Biztalk server machine

3. Do I need to install iSeries on DB2 server

Maybe I need to move this question to "database" category

thanks

Gary

Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:35 PM
  • Hi Gary,

When using the wizard for generating schema's for DB2 yo first need to select DataSource Platform (DB2) and network type i.e. TCP. Then you will have to setup security and choose between Kereberos, Interactieve logon (i.e. username/password) or Single Sign On. Then you will go to most important step connection configuration, where you will need to create package. Here you can test connection to DB2 and create package, which contains access information for DB2 and are vital for DB2 Adapter to be able to communicatie with DB2 database (the procedure I describe here is based on what I have done using HIS 2006 with BizTalk 2006 R2). What necessary prerequisites for DB2 Adapter are see DB2 Adapter Installation Components.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    • Marked as answer by Gary_MSDN Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:41 PM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Thanks Steef-Jan,

Now I am a developer and also DB2 administrator. It is my first time to work with DB2 and I am not good DB2 administrator.

When I used Biztalk tool to buid DB2 connection string, I don't which value in DB2 to map to those parameters in Biztalk tool popup window as in my first post:

I got my DB2 installation data in my first post. How to map them to below parameters:

Initial catalog:

Package Collection:

Default schemas

default qualifier

I have to sepd a lot of time to learn as an administrator in DB2 ....

thanks

Gary

Friday, September 17, 2010 6:28 PM
  • I plan to move this question to other category or sub forums which is best suitable this question.

My real problem is that I don't know how to get some parameters ("Default qualifier", "Default Schema" and "Package Collection") from DB2 for connection string. These parameters are for Microsoft OLE DB DB2 provider only , not for other provider.

Connection string example:

Provider=DB2OLEDB;Network Transport Library=TCPIP;Network Address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Initial Catalog=MyCtlg;Package Collection=MyPkgCol;Default Schema=Schema;User ID=sa;Password=myPassword;

Any idea or any information

thanks

Gary

Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:20 PM
  •  

I have figout below values:

Initial catalog: SAMPLE --- if don't know the value , use database name

Package Collection: SAMPLE  -- if don't know the value  , use database name

Default schemas: SCHEMA  --- if don't know the value or no value , use SCHEMA

default qualifier:  --- empty

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:44 PM