System.net.Pop3 email - reads only last 3 months data RRS feed

• Question

• User-148788041 posted

Hi

i am using System.net..Pop3 . i had applied filter on Date,subject and from. issue is it always returns last 3 months email data only. any idea. 

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:58 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Even with no filter at all you can't retrieve the actual message count ? If the server doesn't return the real count, my first thought would be a server side setting whose goal is to prevent massive downloads. This is a mail provider such as Google, Outlook,etc ? If your own company you could perhaps ask the mail server admin...

Edit: for example at https://superuser.com/questions/232044/gmail-pop3-limit someone have 398 messages but POP tells he have 250. It seems there is a setting to alllow downloasding all messages or those received from when an option is activated.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:03 PM
  • User-148788041 posted

Email using is  LIVE EMAIL. email server is pop3, The email count is correct. but it search with filter gets only 3 months email.  please guide...

Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:45 AM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi Guhananth,

The email count is correct.

How do you know the email count is correct? Do you mean the server could return correct emails count?

Besides, I suggest you check the emails setting and make sure it contains all of the emails.

Here is an article about Read POP3 email messages on multiple computers, you could refer to it.

Best regards,
    Dillion

Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:30 AM
  • User753101303 posted

You mean outlook.live.com ? Show your filtering code. AFAIK a pop3 server doesn't allow that so I assume you are retrieving mail headers, filter on that and then retrieve the full content for selected mails ?

Thursday, November 22, 2018 9:08 AM