none
UseSQLite() / UseSqlServer() / UseInMemoryStore() / UseAzureTableStorage() ... is this the right approach? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been following the very interesting EF7 presentation on Channel 9.

In that presentation, provider specific code was used to address different kinds of data storage.

I'm used to code as provider agnostic as possible and have any connection details stored in configuration, not code.

So here's my question: Is it possible for me as a programmer to omit this provide specific connection commands and instead have the database addressed in the application config's connection string exclusively?

Thanks for enlightening me,
    Axel

Still people out there alive using the keyboard?

Working with SQL Server/Office/Windows and their poor keyboard support they seem extinct...

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:17 AM

Answers

• Hi BetterToday,

--> Is it possible for me as a programmer to omit this provide specific connection commands and instead have the database addressed in the application config's connection string exclusively?

Currently, it is not supported. If possible, you could submit this feature request:

http://data.uservoice.com/forums/72025-entity-framework-feature-suggestions

. The Entity Framework product team is listening to user voice there. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by BetterToday Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:09 AM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:48 AM