WorkFlow Id not found in state persistence store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is my first post. I'm very much new to WF and WCF concepts. I'm trying to create a state machine workflow and host that as a service using WCF.
    In my workflow i'm having 4 states.
    1. Form Initiation
    2. SG Approval
    3. HRApproval
    4. Final Settlement

I'm using receive activity to iniate the workflow and also i'm using sqlpersistance to store the workflow.
    When i'm just doing the set state activity to the state i'm not getting any errors. workflow is smoothly transisting from one state to other.

But i have introduced an if else activity in the SGApproval state for the condition if sgcount >0 then set the state as 'SGApproval' if sgcount is zero then i set the state as 'HRApproval'.
    But whatever the sgcount value, the workflow is closed and the instance id is deleted from the Instancestate table and i'm getting the error as 'Workflow with id "81558b78-51f8-4883-a883-5d2f20957478" not found in state persistence store'.

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance 

Monday, September 7, 2009 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajeswari,

From your description, you're encountering some problem when try exposing a WF based workflow service via WCF service. As you mentioned that you find the workflow instance get closed and not persisted in persitence table, I'm wondering whether there occurs some exception or error that cause the workflow to terminate. Have you tried to attach some event handler on the workflow Runtime to capture those exception or terminate event to see whether there occurs some exception.

Also, if convenient, you can try hosting the workflow in a console application(instead WCF service) to see whether the problem is specific to WCF hosted environment.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:35 AM