none
My Kinect v2 Sensor is not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone,

Recently I got my hands on a Xbox One Kinect. My intentions were to hook it up to my PC, but currently I have had no luck with it whatsoever. I am in need of an Intel/Renesas PCI-E Card which will be able to have the Kinect v2 for Windows hooked up to it without any issues. I have had the following cards, but have had no luck:

1. Shintaro PCIE to USB3 3 port card - Got the error "Supported USB port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware." for USB Controller.
    2. ORICO PVU3-2O2I - Got the error "No supported USB 3.0 port detected"
    3. Renesas/NEC USB 3.0 PCI-Express Card (Chipset D720202) - Got the error "No supported USB 3.0 port detected"

So, to keep it simple... I am in need of some help choosing the right USB 3.0 PCI-E Card, and hopefully the next one I purchase will work. Please note I am from Australia, so product will need to be able to be shipped here. Below I will also leave my system specs for any compatibility issues or any further information you may have for me.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN3
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    Graphics Card: SLI GeForce GTX 660 TI

Operating System: Windows 10

EDIT: I have just called Xbox Support, and I was informed I should update this with as much information as I can. So here I go.

I am trying to get the Xbox One Kinect working with the 3D Builder App in Windows 10. I am having problems with the Kinect Configuration Viewer when it comes to the USB Controller. I am always getting the error "Result: No Supported USB 3.0 port detected". I need this to go green, so I can start using the 3D Builder App and the Kinect the way I intended purchasing it for. 

If anyone is able to help me in regards to this, pointing me in the right direction, asking for more information, I will be forever grateful considering this has been a nightmare of mine for the past fortnight. After buying multiple PCI-E Cards and not one working, it is starting to get quite tiring as you would expect. 

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by gezro Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:58 AM Contacted Xbox Support, need to supply as much information as I could
    Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:50 PM

All replies

• "I am always getting the error "Result: No Supported USB 3.0 port detected". I need this to go green"
    No you don't, at least not necessarily. Not having it turn red is what you need.

'Got the error "Supported USB port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may or may not be compatible with your hardware." for USB Controller.'
    That is a warning, not a fatal error. Check and see if you receive any data from Kinect in the last section.

First try to get the latest driver from card's manufacturer. If that doesn't help uninstall the driver and have Windows find a suitable driver by restarting the computer.

Also try installing the Kinect v2 SDK, if you haven't already. As that might also help.

Here is a list of USB 3 PCIe cards that have been tested by users: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb379e8b-4258-40d6-92e4-56dd95d7b0bb/confirmed-list-of-usb-30-pcie-cardslaptopsconfigurations-which-work-for-kinect-v2-during?forum=kinectv2sdk
    • Edited by Yanis Lukes Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:27 AM PCIe USB 3 list
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:23 AM
  • Hey,

Thanks for your response. 

I have tried getting the drivers from the manufacturer, they don't work. I have also let Microsoft work is supposed magic and that still does not work. The previous 2 cards I no longer have, but I still have my Renesas 720202 Card. I have had the Kinect v2 SDK since the beginning of all this and I am using it for the Configuration Viewer. There are some samples in the SDK that work, actually most of them work. It is just that I want to use the Kinect with the 3D Builder App which comes with Windows 10. 

I checked the list twice, gone through it and read about the chipset I have and it is supposed to work... however it doesn't. I am looking at getting rid of this card and getting the Transcend Card, but I do not know yet.. I just wish it would work with the one I currently have... I mean, I don't see any reason that it shouldn't. 

Thanks

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:57 PM