none
Project calculated custom field from sharepoint view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Project Server 2013 I have a custom list (contract conditions, and prices). I would like to summary the prices, and display it in a project custom field (Contract price), so I would like to fill a project custom field's data from a list (summary of data).

Anyone can tell me, is it possible, and if yes, can write the steps?

Regards,

Peter

Friday, October 17, 2014 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Peter,

This should be possible and there are a number of options:

1. SharePoint workflow - when a new item is added/updated to the list an workflow can be triggered which will do the calculation and update the custom field

2. Project Server workflow - the custom field can be updated when the project transitions between stages (a publish will be required)

3. PowerShell - a script that runs on a hourly/daily basis that does that

4. custom code/other options

I would personally go with option 3 as you can deal with the situation when the project is already checked out and have the script running over night.

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the project server workflow (solution 2). I made a workflow with item added, updated step. When an item added/updated, I increase a variable. It's ok, but how can I update my project custom field? I cannot choose from list (output)?

Regards,

Peter

Friday, October 17, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Hi Peter,

If you are using project server workflow, there is an action to update project server field. However, I think you meant SharePoint workflow as it is triggered when the item is added or updated. IN the second case you can try to use the web services to connect to project server and check out, update and check back in the project

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn567558(v=office.15).aspx

If you are using the project workspaces/sites to manage the custom list then the ProjectUID that you need for the project server web services is saved into one of the project site properties: MSPWAPROJUID

Paul

Friday, October 17, 2014 3:08 PM