none
Need help starting iSCSI SAN cert RRS feed

• Question

• I've never done a storage certification for Windows and can't seem to find out where and how to even begin. Looking to certify our iSCSI SAN for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

Can someone please let me now where to get the cert guide and how to engage support for an iSCSI SAN cert question.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:44 AM

Answers

• UPDATE:

I found that on this page...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124377.aspx

...it describes having some iscsi volume already created, mounted up, partitioned and formatted BEFORE installing the HCK. So I went to the HCK on the controller server and changed my test clients to "Not ready" status, as seen in this screenshot...

...Then I presented some iSCSI volumes to the clients, partitioned them, mounted them and formatted them. THEN I changed the clients in the HCK on the controller BACK to the "Ready" status. Once I did this 2 lines (one for each volume I presume) with my iSCSI device showed up in the device manager list. I checked them and then clicked on the Tests tab which then showed a list of storage specific tests!

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:28 PM

All replies

• Given the side thread I had with you folks, do you now have enough to get going?

--svb

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:45 PM
  • Yes, thanks for the info. I've got enough to read through and to start the setup.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:47 PM
  • Usually located under Microsoft Windows Downloads but be sure you are logged on first. Look for the programs

that are being offered under beta testing.

Hope you find it, its a excellent product.

Warmest Regards,

Victoria L Bowker

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:57 PM
  • Now that I've read through the setup and have setup and successfully passed a simple HCK test I'm now looking for where the iSCSI cert test are located. So far, all I see in the HCK on the controller server are lists of "devices and printers", "device manager" and "software device" tests. But NONE of them list any of the storage tests as outlined in this page...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj123745.aspx

...so, where do I find these tests? Do I have to install something else besides the HCK controller and client software to get these?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:05 PM
  • UPDATE:

I found that on this page...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj124377.aspx

...it describes having some iscsi volume already created, mounted up, partitioned and formatted BEFORE installing the HCK. So I went to the HCK on the controller server and changed my test clients to "Not ready" status, as seen in this screenshot...

...Then I presented some iSCSI volumes to the clients, partitioned them, mounted them and formatted them. THEN I changed the clients in the HCK on the controller BACK to the "Ready" status. Once I did this 2 lines (one for each volume I presume) with my iSCSI device showed up in the device manager list. I checked them and then clicked on the Tests tab which then showed a list of storage specific tests!

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:28 PM