Publishing an update left my app in a bad state? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I submitted v2.39 for my app which passed certification.  After I published it, there was an error saying something like error while publishing, but the publish still went through.

On my Lumia 920, this is what I saw today:

~12noon - v2.39 update offered to my phone

~2pm - v2.38 update offered to my phone

~6pm - v2.39 update offered to my phone

~7pm - v2.38 update offered to my phone

It seems to be stuck on a loop.  Marketplace keeps offering different versions to my phone.  When I install v2.39, the app is downgraded to v2.38 after a hour or two and so forth (and new features are gone).  This seems pretty dangerous since I have not coded/tested the app to take into account downgrades.  When visiting the app details in marketplace, sometimes I see v2.38 and sometimes I see v2.39.

Here is the app.  When I checked, it still says v2.38:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/my-stocks-portfolio/70fab1bd-605e-e011-854c-00237de2db9e

On the dev portal, it says the app version is 2.39.

I normally publish an update every week, and this is first time this has happened.  Something seemed to have gone wrong when I clicked the publish button and got the error.

What do I need to do so my users aren't continuously asked to upgrade/downgrade every few hours?

I've considered unpublishing/publishing the WP8 version, but that will potentially downgrade all my existing WP8 users to the WP7 version and that downgrade path isn't supported (will cause app to crash on start).

• Edited by angrynapkin Friday, December 14, 2012 3:38 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have the same problem: I have an app with version 2.3 for WP7 and version 2.4 for WP8. I published an update: 3.0 for WP7 and 4.0 for WP8, but in my statistic most of my downloads has the old versions (2.3, 2.4).

In the Marketplace: Yesterday I saw the new version 4.0, but today I see the old version 2.4 of my app description.

What's going on?

Tom

Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:12 AM
  • More reports of this:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/marketplace-apps/208530-whats-going-metrotube.html

Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:05 AM
  • @Microsoft: when we can expect the solution for this problem?
    Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:29 PM