Play windows.media.core.MediaStreamSource in Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight apps RRS feed

• Question

• how to play windows.media.core.MediaStreamSource in MediaElement  - Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight apps

Chethan Raj

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Search the samples site:
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wpapps/site/search?query=mediastreamsource&f%5B0%5D.Value=mediastreamsource&f%5B0%5D.Type=SearchText&ac=2

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:04 PM
  • The link you provided is for Windows phone 8.1 runtime apps, not for 8.1 silverlight apps.

In Silverlight, MediaElement does not have MediaElement.SetMediaStreamSource

Chethan Raj

Friday, June 27, 2014 6:48 AM
  • So you should ask the question properly.  You could say something like:

In Silverlight 8.1, MediaElement does not have MediaElement.SetMediaStreamSource property as WinRT apps have.  Is there an equivalent property in Silverlight 8.1 apps?

Since there isn't an equivalent in Silverlight apps, you'll have to write your own implementation of this property.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, June 27, 2014 11:55 AM
  • See http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Background-Audio-Streamer-e85b8deb for a sample demonstrating the Silverlight System.Windows.Media.MediaStreamSource
    Friday, June 27, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Thanks Rob.

Friday, June 27, 2014 1:48 PM
  • HI,

I have the same problem. In Silverlight 8.1, MediaElement does not have MediaElement.SetMediaStreamSource property as WinRT apps have. and I have
    windows.media.core.MediaStreamSource not
    windows.media.MediaStreamSource

now how to play this
    windows.media.core.MediaStreamSource in MediaElement? or atleast how can I get bytes or stream from this
    windows.media.core.MediaStreamSource

Srini

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:26 AM
  • See http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Background-Audio-Streamer-e85b8deb for a sample demonstrating the Silverlight System.Windows.Media.MediaStreamSource
    Monday, July 7, 2014 9:38 PM