none
Cross site lookup columns with additional fields RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have main site with several sub sites underneath it. I have a list on the main site containing employee info. I have several lists on the sub sites that use employee info as a lookup via a site column I made at the root of the site collection.

    I can create the lookup just fine on a single field. However when I add additional fields to the lookup, none of the fields will populate. Also the link created by the lookup does not work.

    When the same lookup is used on a list within the same site, The additional fields checked in the site column for that lookup will work.

    How do I get the additional fields to work in a cross site situation?


    fr0stsp1re

    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:23 AM

Answers

  • Well it looks to be an issue with not having the latest service pack installed.

    Found someone else with the same issues and it was mentioned that this is a know issue resolved in a CU.


    fr0stsp1re

    • Marked as answer by Adrian.R Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:25 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    It should be OK with the additional fields in this situation, I followed your steps and all works as expected.

    Do all your lists with this Lookup column in your sub sites stuck with the same issue?

    I suggest you create another list in your sub site and add that Lookup column to do the test again.

    Feel free to reply with the test result if the issue still exists.

    Best regards

    Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:40 AM
    Moderator
  • It does not matter what list I use. Any lists created at the top level of the site will only populate additional columns on site lookup columns if they are being used on the same site. If I try using them cross site, the only column that will populate with info is the lookup column field. The adjacent columns that were checked creating the lookup column do not populate with info.

    I also tried this on another web application and it was the same results.


    fr0stsp1re

    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:05 PM
  • Well it looks to be an issue with not having the latest service pack installed.

    Found someone else with the same issues and it was mentioned that this is a know issue resolved in a CU.


    fr0stsp1re

    • Marked as answer by Adrian.R Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:25 PM