none
Mono development, Cross-platform, Microsoft Shared Source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

My name is Peter and I’m a student in Sweden.

I’m writing a paper on Mono development. Previously I’ve asked the Swedish Microsoft Support if:

Is it possible to use Mono development in commercial businesses?

In other words: Can I develop Mono software and earn money from it?

Why do I have this question?

-          First of I’m writing a paper on the subject and have little understanding about it.

I have read that the Mono-project is part of Microsoft Shared Source en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_source   and therefore it’s not allowed to be used in any commercial business. sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mono(utvecklingsplattform) (Unfortunately only in Swedish)

Or dos it mean that the Mono-code is “part-open-source” (Shared Source) and is it that part of the code that I can’t change and use for commercial businesses?

I’m thankful for any answers or if someone have any ide about someone who do know anything about the subject. I gladly take any references you might have to your answers sense I’m writing a paper about the subject!

Most Regards from Sweden

• Edited by Peter Liljeholm Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:07 AM bad english
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Mono development is not support. This form is to discuss problems about CLR development.

Please refer to http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page to ask questions about Mono.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:00 AM