How to remove virtual machine network adapter if it does not work in Hyper V RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to the hyper V technology but I installed the server without any problem on a 64 bit workstation.  The NIC was fine and all was good.  When I connected using the hyper v manager I tried to create a Virtual Machine network adapter so that I could use it when I would start to create VHD files.  But apparently when I asked it to create an VM external NIC and selected the Broadcom nic to bind to it the server went offline and I cannot get it back on the network.  I can logon locally and see that I created the Internal and external VM Nics but the external will not allow me to get an IP address to use nor can I ping the server from my management workstation.  I am researching the problem on line but if you have a quick answer on how I can remove or reset the nic and get rid of the VM Nic it would be a quicker way to get this done.  I think you have to use the netsh command but like I said I still have a way to go to understand what I did wrong.  Otherwise I will reinstall the OS and start from scratch and chaulk it up to experience.

I installed the Virtual network manager on my Windows 7 64 bit workstation and connected to the Hyper V server, clicked on the New Virtual Network setup and on the left window Called it NVMExternal bound to the Broadcome Nic.  I clicked on the check box to "Allow management operating system to share this network adapter and also the check box for "Enable Virtual LAN Identification for management operating system and set the VLAN ID to "2"
    I think I know what I did wrong and that was to enable the Virtual LAN Identification for Management Operating System when I created my External Connection. 
    I also set the VLAN ID to 2
    • Edited by WorkerBee09 Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:18 PM since I could not add an image I wrote out the info box
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:31 PM

Answers