none
Raspberry Pi 3B+

Answers

• Hello Milogic,

Raspberry Pi 3B+ is not currently enabled with Windows 10 IoT Core. There are some underlying changes(see below) in the device. The team is working on enablement, but no ETA.

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has improved at the following features:

• A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
    • Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
    • Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
    • Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
    • Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
    • Improved thermal management

Update: There is a insider preview version for Raspberry PI 3 Module B+. You can download it from Windows IoT insider preview website.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 19, 2018 2:16 AM

All replies

• It's a BCM2837, same as before, so it's supported.  Drivers for the new Wi-Fi chipset may not be immediately available, however, but I expect that they'll arrive soon if they aren't present in Insider builds already.  Microsoft likely knew about the new hardware 6 months ago or more and has had drivers either in the release builds or the Insider builds for a bit of time.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Hummmmm, existing SD card would not boot.

I make a new SD card from Dashboard : do not boot too !

I think the Dashboard will need an update to make SD card booting on Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Please Microsoft ! help us to know !

Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:20 PM
  • I have also tested to reinstall with Noobs, but got the same result. It does not boot.. :(

ES

Friday, March 16, 2018 5:49 AM
  • Hello Milogic,

Raspberry Pi 3B+ is not currently enabled with Windows 10 IoT Core. There are some underlying changes(see below) in the device. The team is working on enablement, but no ETA.

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has improved at the following features:

• A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
    • Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
    • Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
    • Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
    • Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
    • Improved thermal management

Update: There is a insider preview version for Raspberry PI 3 Module B+. You can download it from Windows IoT insider preview website.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 19, 2018 2:16 AM
  • Is it already posible to run windows 10 IoT on the new Raspberry pi 3+?
    Monday, March 19, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Hello DKeekstra,

You mean Raspberry Pi 3B+, right?

Currently, the answer is NO. Please check above replies.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:36 AM
  • No ETA?!???  That's pretty sad to read
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:44 PM
  • Iam not able to get IoT to work on the new Raspberry Pi 3B+released earlier this month.  There is not a specific option for it on the console. Has anyone got it to work?
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:04 PM
  • Same here. I think 3B+ is currently not supported: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/547a6084-7c7f-40da-911a-37bc6e087d6f/raspberry-pi-3b?forum=WindowsIoT
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 8:31 PM
  • Its not supported as there are more changes then just performance increases on the 3B+, for example they changed something around the boot up process and requirements as even older versions of Raspbian won't boot on the 3B+ so I suspect that guys at Microsoft are looking at what all they changed and will support it soon as they can.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:44 AM
  • There are more changes to the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ then just performance increases, for example they changed some stuff around the boot process and even older versions of Raspbian won't boot with it.  I have a feeling that Raspberry Pi isn't the easiest group to work with as they don't really have a third party interface group so its likely like here is the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and we are releasing it tomorrow sort of thing and by the way we made a bunch of changes but we don't have a document as to what we changed that we can give you, good luck.  I suspect that Microsoft pretty much has to reverse engineer it and go from there, so expecting an ETA this early in the game is rather unrealistic.  I have no doubt that if Microsoft can support it they will, but it might take some time.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:55 AM
  • raspberry pi3 b plus i got windows iot core is not working on this device what could be the reason why?
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 10:58 AM
  • Hi,

I suppose there would be several causes. Most probable is compatibility between hardware and software (in you case, Raspberry Pi 3+ and Windows IoT).  Have you checked if Windows IoT support the latest Raspberry Pi? 
    It may be probable you make some mistakes.

Others cannot specify a cause (what is wrong) by your description.  I'm afraid you need to provide more details about your issue for others to understand your situation/environment.

Regards,

Ashidacchi >> http://hokusosha.com/

Thursday, March 22, 2018 12:13 PM
  • There are a couple of threads about this here, but check my response here  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/547a6084-7c7f-40da-911a-37bc6e087d6f/raspberry-pi-3b?forum=WindowsIoT
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:20 PM
  • Blake,

I don't think Microsoft will reverse engineer drivers. I know that RPI3 Bluetooth driver came from Broadcom as there is a bug with it and wasn't going to be fixed by Broadcom. Hope when a new build for 3B+ is available, this issue is resolved.

PS The issue is that, as per release notes, and investigated in detail in my blogs about 9 months ago (on embedded101.com) the Bluetooth bandwidth is low. Under high sensor update rates, it will fall over (whereas the Dragonboard doesn't exhibit this bug).

Embedded MVP

Monday, March 26, 2018 11:17 AM
  • Thank you David. Your post helped me to confirm yet one more  serious issue with Raspberry Pi 3 BLE driver or stack. Starting and stopping the BLEWatcher causes, after a short time, the application to hang up. I proved this by using the provided by MS BluetoothAdverstisement sample application. This issue did not happen when I applied your workaround, but the SCR Bluetooth dongle provided very unreliable communication.

I still hope that this problem will be fixed in Raspberry Pi 3 or at least in Raspberry Pi 3 B+ boards. But, for now, Win 10 IoT cannot run on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ boards.

• Edited by Paul_I Friday, March 30, 2018 3:01 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 12:04 AM
  • It would be nice if this issue was indicated on the Raspberry pi 3B pages. It is not at all clear that a 3B+ will not work and people will most likely order it thinking that it will (as I did).
    Friday, March 30, 2018 9:00 PM
  • I have agree with you. In my case, I damaged my 3.5 inch HDMI Display (KeDei) when the RPi3B has been replaced by RPi3B+.

Roman

• Edited by Roman Kiss Friday, March 30, 2018 11:53 PM
    Friday, March 30, 2018 11:52 PM
  • Just tried to install w10 16299 via SD card on the latest Raspberry Pi 3B+.   The SD card is a tad old and only rated Speed cat 4.   Plugged that into the Pi3B+ and it's been 5min already but still no sign of booting.     I'll probably wait for 15-30min as per the website but I'm wondering if it's a compatibility issue w/ the new Pi3B+ or it's due to the fact that I have the Sense HAT attached?     Thoughts/idea welcome and thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:34 PM
  • Couple of recent threads on the subject:

Raspberry Pi 3B+

Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Windows IOT Core Boot Work Around

Good Luck!

Rick

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:12 PM
  • Any news on eta?
    Monday, April 16, 2018 3:32 PM
  • Any news on eta?
    Monday, April 16, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Hi all,

Thanks all for the interests, we have reported this internally, we will update if there is official info.

At the same time, please use Feedback Hub to report the requirements. 

Thanks,

Jie

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Is there any news on  Raspberry Pi 3B+ support for windows.

Thank you.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:10 PM
  • There will be a public preview for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ soon
    if nothing unforeseen occurs may be later this month

br
    Andre
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:22 PM
  • Hello Andre

As Raspberry Pi foundation released Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ they announced that used new Bluetooth and Wireless chip in their product, in Raspberry Pi 3 model B they used CYW43438 on-board Bluetooth chip and it`s awful and unreliable for working as I tested it for more than 4 months, and in Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ use CYW43455 on-board chip. Is Microsoft fixing the Bluetooth problem in this release with Raspberry Pi 3 B+ ?

Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Great to hear!   Loooking forward to it...   Tx for the update!
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:14 AM
  • Hi Milogic,

There is a insider preview release note for the Raspberry Pi 3B+ now. You can find more information here: Release Note for Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Best regards.

Friday, May 18, 2018 3:16 AM
  • I am asking for the ETA for the PI 3b+ support ETA. You must have one.
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 4:38 PM
  • Pls, i have read the RN but there are not indication about How/Where get the mentioned insider.

THX

CAP

Thursday, May 24, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Any idea where to download RPi3BP.md?
    Friday, May 25, 2018 1:45 PM
  • @Nige77

out of curiosity, why do you want to download a GitHub markdown file ?

Friday, May 25, 2018 2:44 PM
  • Hi Milogic,

There is a insider preview release note for the Raspberry Pi 3B+ now. You can find more information here: Release Note for Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Best regards.

Hi,

I don't think the Pi 3B+ release is publicly available yet. I've just tested the current insider build (17672) and it still doesn't work on 3B+.

We must probably wait a few more weeks...

Friday, May 25, 2018 3:52 PM
  • the easiest and fastest way is to take a look at release notes since it will be mentioned there if Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ starts to be supported or not 

beside the "New flight xxxxx released for Insiders" posts

br
    Andre

Friday, May 25, 2018 4:07 PM
  • Hi Andre

I thought the .md ext was an image. Link says 'This image is only meant for RPi3B+'. So maybe I am looking for RPi3BP.iso. I have my RPi3B+ running with Ethernet. I would like to get the WiFi working.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:49 AM
  • I was able to boot build 17733 on the Raspberry Pi 3 B+  

After flashing the image with the IoT Dashboard goto

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot

Download the following updated boot files:

fixup.dat, fixup_x.dat, fixup_cd.dat, start.elf, start_x.elf, start_cd.elf

Copy and replace these files in the boot partition

However, this does not fix the Ehternet or Bluetooth & WiFi

Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:04 PM
  • If it helps... I now have my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running WiFi using a TL-WN725N (USB) from tp-link.
    Monday, August 20, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Can anyone tell me if this has been rectified to work on the Pi 3 B+ yet?

I bought one 2 days ago and I cannot get it to boot IoT Core...

Jeff

Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:06 PM
  • Not yet and it is October by now.

Used the latest build (17763) and still no go. It boots when I replace the firmware files as mentioned above but there is no network. Ethernet doesn't show at all and WiFi doesn't find any networks.

It's a bit sad that MS, even after 6 months, hasn't managed to pull their finger out and get this sorted. It's not rocket science.

Tom

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 5:22 AM