none
Creation of Sendgrid account failed on Azure Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we are currently facing an issue within the azure portal. When trying to create a new sendgrid account in the Azure Portal on one of our resource groups, it failed with the next error:

Deployment validation failed.
    Additional details from the underlying API that might be helpful: Deployment template validation failed: 'The value for the template parameter 'website' at line '85' and column '20' is not provided. Please see https://aka.ms/resource-manager-parameter-files for usage details.'.

It's resource group independent; on other groups the deployment also fails.

Can you please look into this and let us know what we can do? Thanks!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 9:32 AM

Answers

All replies

• Not sure, why you're hitting that error. Because, usually when you try creating a sendgrid account through Azure portal and if you fail to provide a required parameter it wouldn't let you proceed.

Also, I would like to know what is the subscription type you're currently using.

You may want to refer to - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59369298/deployment-validation-failed-while-creating-sendgrid-account/59369366#59369366 the suggestions might help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 11:28 AM
  • It's clearly a bug in the Azure Portal Deployment Template, as, when I add something in the -not required!- website field, the deployment succeed.

The link helped me, will mark your answer, as it solved the problem I was facing.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 12:07 PM
  • Thanks for the update. Will pass on this feedback to the portal team to review this request and fix if it is a bug.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 7:54 AM