none
Hibernate Once Resume Many (HORM) in windows embedded compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I want to start the system(Wince7.0) from the point where it stopped.

Means I want to avoid the reinitialization of WinCE7.0 os from the first step.

When I searched in net I came to know about Hibernate Once Resume Many (HORM) option.

So in this Hibernate Once Resume Many (HORM)mode we can restart the system from where it stopped.

Weather this feature is supported by Wince7.0?

If yes then how it will achieved?

Thank you in advance for the information.

With thanks

nadini

Monday, May 14, 2012 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Nadini,

I believe Hibernate Once Resume Many (HORM) option avilable on Windows Embedded Standard 7 not on Windows Embedded Compact 7. In Windows Embedded Compact 7 you can implement "Suspend/Resume" feature. Your BSP has to support SUSPEND/RESUME functionality.

You can check weather your device support suspend or not by forcing the device to enter suspend state from application by calling API,

SetSystemPowerState(NULL, POWER_STATE_SUSPEND, POWER_FORCE)

This will put your device in to suspend state and then you can use the "Power button" or any other resume source of your device (which is configured for resuming the device) to resume the device.

Thanks/Regards,

Rakesh.

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes as u told we can provide Suspend/Resume mode to our BSP.

But my aim is not to make device to go in suspend mode.

I am trying to store entire RAM  contents to a permanent storage before system will go to shut down.

Then in next boot up of device I have to copy the RAM contents back to RAM then boot.

This is because I am trying to reduce my systems boot time using iMX53 platform with WinCE7.0 OS.

Please provide any information if u have on this.

With Thanks

nadini

Monday, May 14, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Hi Nadini,

• Interesting way to reduce the boot time. You can refer the similar thread at ,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sv/winembplatdev/thread/3347c93e-7748-453e-8c8f-283df8ff7043

Thanks,

Rakesh.

• Edited by Rakesh Zalavadiya Monday, May 14, 2012 10:20 AM correcting spelling mistake
    Monday, May 14, 2012 10:17 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Thank you once again for your quick reply.

I have gone through the link.

It looks it will be helpful for me.

I will study the same in depth.

Once will achieve the same will update you.

With Thanks

nadini

Monday, May 14, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hi Nadini,

If you are looking for a very fast booting system have a look at the Toradex solution with an Colibri module featuring an Nvidia Tegra 2. The moduel is able to do a cold boot in less than 0.5 seconds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NbOK7yEIs

Pretty Cool!

Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:01 AM