none
Registering Custom Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I used the Biztalk Registry Wizard for my custom adapter on Biztalk Server 2009. I import the key into the registry. When I go into the Biztalk Admin Console to register the adapter there is nothing that appears in the drop down list when I click New.. in the Adapter tree view.

The assemblies are in the GAC. The path created by the for the AdapterMgmtAssemblyPath and the InboundAssemblyPath by the Wizard matches the path in the GAC.

Is there some step I am missing here?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To verify the steps for deployment of custom adapter see How to Deploy a Custom Adapter. Also review this post on some of the pitfalls regarding custom adapters.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:35 PM
  • I am guessing you are trying to install onto a 64-bit computer. You need to register using the 64-bit registry using c:\Windows\Syswow64\regedit.exe. This is a common pitfall. Also be sure to restart the admin console if it is open when registering the adapter because the admin console does not auto refresh.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To verify the steps for deployment of custom adapter see How to Deploy a Custom Adapter. Also review this post on some of the pitfalls regarding custom adapters.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:35 PM
  • The link to your post is broken.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:38 PM
  • I am guessing you are trying to install onto a 64-bit computer. You need to register using the 64-bit registry using c:\Windows\Syswow64\regedit.exe. This is a common pitfall. Also be sure to restart the admin console if it is open when registering the adapter because the admin console does not auto refresh.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 10:34 PM
  • I was able to read the post link.

Friday, September 17, 2010 1:13 PM