none
Undelete a file in winpe

Question

• I'm probably posting to the wrong place but this has to do with WES7 development, so any help would be much appreciated.  While in WinPE, I deleted a file via the command line. How can I undelete it. In the old days, there was an undelete.exe...

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:52 PM

Answers

• Stop using the drive immediately and install 3rd party data recovery software to a different drive.  Once installed, attach the problem drive as a slave and use the software to try to recover the lost data.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Marked as answer by KaryR Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:58 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:10 PM

All replies

• I haven't seen a feature like this in a long while.  You might have to use 3rd party tools:

http://www.howtogeek.com/169344/how-to-recover-a-deleted-file-the-ultimate-guide/

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:41 AM
  • Stop using the drive immediately and install 3rd party data recovery software to a different drive.  Once installed, attach the problem drive as a slave and use the software to try to recover the lost data.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

• Marked as answer by KaryR Wednesday, June 3, 2015 6:58 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:10 PM
  • Thanks for both of your suggestions. I still haven't recovered but I did try a 3rd party tool from a usb that would have undeleted.  Unfortunately, a write had been done to the hard drive and the pointers to the hard drive data were lost.  I may need to take the drive to a company that does forensics.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 7:01 PM