none
Xamarin.Forms Error Message: The “ConvertResourcesCases” task failed unexpectedly

    Question

  • Hi, I get the error message "The "ConvertResourcesCases" task failed unexpectedly" in Xamarin.Forms . I solution path changed but nevertheless i displaying error message. I would appreciate if you help. Thanks.

    Error message:

    Error		The "ConvertResourcesCases" task failed unexpectedly.
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\users\UserName\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\App1\App1\App1.Droid\obj\Debug\__library_projects__\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\library_project_imports\res'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ConvertResourcesCases.FixupResources(ITaskItem item, Dictionary`2 acwMap)
       at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ConvertResourcesCases.FixupResources(Dictionary`2 acwMap)
       at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ConvertResourcesCases.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext()	App1.Droid			



    Thursday, June 02, 2016 5:31 PM

Answers

  • Hi Miralay,

    Maybe solution for your problem is to make sure that your file is "unblock" under the file property in Windows... and also If the path of your project has some of Non-English Character change it to English ones.

    Hope this was helpful for you...

    Best regards!


    (If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

    Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:14 PM

All replies

  • Hi Miralay,

    Maybe solution for your problem is to make sure that your file is "unblock" under the file property in Windows... and also If the path of your project has some of Non-English Character change it to English ones.

    Hope this was helpful for you...

    Best regards!


    (If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

    Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:14 PM
  • Hi Almir Vuk, thanks the for your answer. But nevertheless i get error message. This is a compilation error. Is there another answer?
    Thanks.

    Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:24 PM
  • Hi Almir Vuk, thanks the for your answer. But nevertheless i get error message. This is a compilation error. Is there another answer?
    Thanks.

    Hi Miralay,

    Than you should try to delete the contents of obj folder inside your project after that clean the build and rebuild the project...

    Hope this was helpful for you...

    Best regards!

    (If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

    Thursday, June 02, 2016 7:10 PM
  • Hi Almir,

    Unfortunately the problem not be solved. What i do other? Hope, i can solve this problem.
    Thanks. 

    Thursday, June 02, 2016 8:45 PM
  • Hi Miralay,

    According to the error message, this problem caused by can't find file of the path c:\users\UserName\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\App1\App1\App1.Droid\obj\Debug\__library_projects__\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\library_project_imports\res.

    Please check whether there has corresponding file in that path or not. If there doesn't have this file, please copy the file into this folder and try again. If the file exist, please check the Copy to Local property as True and then try again.

    In addition, this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I think your problem should related to Xamarin, I suggest you post your problem to Xamarin forum for a better help. There will be more experts can provided help. Thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards,
    Weiwei


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

    Friday, June 03, 2016 6:46 AM
    Moderator
  • Thank. This problem solved. File path to failure reason. Because file path in Turkish Characters. Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, June 07, 2016 4:46 PM
  • Thank. This problem solved. File path to failure reason. Because file path in Turkish Characters. Thanks for your help.

    Hi Miralay,

    As I mentioned in my first replay for your question: "and also If the path of your project has some of Non-English Character change it to English ones."

    You should have listen the tips I mentioned in that replay... but I am happy if you are resolved your problem... if any of the replays were helpful for you or they contain solution for that problem please mark them as an answer and vote for tham.

    Best luck with programming...

    Best regards!


    (If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

    Tuesday, June 07, 2016 5:31 PM
  • I am pretty sure your problem has been solved or you gave up.

    But for other guys which have this problem and looking here to find solution:

    So i had the same on 4 same Projects and this is how i found out that a component which i had on all 4 (a QRCodeScanner) made the error.

    So what i did is: 

    -Clean Build

    -in the Ordner "Components" deactivated the Scanner and implemented again.

    - Build 

    and  it worked Perfect for me again.

    If this was helpfull leave a  Vote :D (First Post here) and happy Programming

    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 10:24 AM