Login Controls RRS feed

• Question

• User-2062998056 posted

I built a very simple web site without the CSS friendly adapters and went through the usual WAT/login control process and all is good. I do the same basing a test site on the CSS friendly adapters template, did the WAT/login control and no good: I can't get authenticated. I did this several times with no luck.

Is there a trick in using the Login control (and the others) when using CSS friendly adpaters?

Thanks.

Jon.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:23 PM

All replies

• User-656867934 posted

There is no trick, they should work for you right away. How are you installing the CSS Friendly adapters?

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:09 PM
  • User-2062998056 posted

I downloaded the install file (from http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/), installed it, created a web site (http) with the Tutorial template and then a site using the normal CSS friendly adpater template, did the WAT steps to enable roles, use internet for authentication type, added a user to the role, dropped a login control on a new Login.aspx page, viewed this page in the browser, tried to login and I get the "login unsuccessful..." message.

I do the identical using the asp.net template and it works just fine. I've done this steps numerous times.

I'm using Vista, VS 2005, I have SQL Server 2005 installed.

Thanks for the response.

Jon.

btw - I've also removed the LoginAdapter.cs file and the reference to it in the browser file with no luck. I've compared the source view of the login.aspx page built in the CSS adpater project (with the changes I just mentioned) and the source view from the asp.net project and the rendered HTML is the same. I'm baffled.

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:19 PM
  • User-656867934 posted

The version of the CSS Adapters you are using is out of date, please use the latest version (http://www.codeplex.com/cssfriendly/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2159). You can download just the DLL and the browser file, put it into your ASP.NET project that is has working authentication, and you should be good to go.

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:31 PM
  • User-2062998056 posted

Mike - I'll download the new version and proceed as you have instructed and let you know how things go.

Thanks much!!

Jon.

Friday, March 14, 2008 2:35 PM
  • User-2062998056 posted

I downloaded the browser file and the dll.

I tried to get the web project (that does not authenticate) that was constructed starting from the CSS friendly template (I deleted all files, the MDF file, etc.) and added a new default.aspx, reconfigured security, droppoed a new login control on the page with no success. I give.

I then added the browser file and the dll to the project built from the asp.net template, added the link, etc. tag to the head tag and I'm still able to login - good!!

The login control however loses its pretty professsion look and now it looks very plain - any idea how to make it look nice (using the auto format option) or do I need to CSS it?

Finally, it looks like once you start a web site project from the old CSS friendly template there isn't a way to "undo" whatever it does to make security not work??

Thanks again.

Jon.

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:10 PM
  • User-656867934 posted

I would not recommend using the CSS Friendly templates. To make the control look nice you will have to modify your css so that whatever was applied to it before is applied to it now.

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:32 PM
  • User-2062998056 posted

I agree re the template. Thanks for your help. Jon.

Friday, March 14, 2008 4:51 PM