none
Code in module cannot be displayed RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently working on a database that contains three separate modules. Recently, I uploaded the database to a network drive, and attempted to open the database on two other computers (besides the one i have used to develop the database). I am experiencing a problem in which two of the modules will display perfectly fine on the other two computers, however the third module is shown, but upon trying to view/open the code of the module, the code is not shown.

I can still open and edit the code in all three modules on the original computer used to develop the database, while the other two computers will show all three modules, but upon double-clicking the problematic module, or right-clicking and selecting view code, will not display the code.

To clarify, my question is why can the other two computers not view the code, the code seems to be executing as if it is still there, but why can the code not be viewed on the other two computers?

Friday, June 17, 2016 4:34 PM

Answers

• That really shouldn't happen. My guess is the 3rd module is corrupt. I suggest you export the good copy as a .bas file and then import it into the other two databases after deleting the bad modules and compacting.

You might also want to decompile and compact your dev database (after saving a backup). In case you don't know about decompiling you can find out about it at fmsinc.com

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

• Marked as answer by SenselessGuy Monday, June 27, 2016 4:24 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 4:42 PM

All replies

• That really shouldn't happen. My guess is the 3rd module is corrupt. I suggest you export the good copy as a .bas file and then import it into the other two databases after deleting the bad modules and compacting.

You might also want to decompile and compact your dev database (after saving a backup). In case you don't know about decompiling you can find out about it at fmsinc.com

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com

• Marked as answer by SenselessGuy Monday, June 27, 2016 4:24 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Hi SenselessGuy,

I agree with the suggestion given by the Bill Mosca, MVP.

and I would also recommend to try copy again and see what happen next.

it get worked or not.

also I recommend you to make test on other machines also.

the other thing I want to confirm with you that when you try to copy it to another machine or try to open it at that time do you get any warning message ?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, June 18, 2016 2:47 AM
  • Hi SenselessGuy,

since you created this thread you did not give response to the suggestions given by the community members.

did your issue solved? if it is solved would you like to share the solution with our community so that if some other member have same issue like you also get solution by your post.

if not then 1st I would recommend you to view all the suggestions and check whether it worked for you or not.

if you still have an issue and it did not solved then please let us know so that we can try provide you further suggestions.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:57 AM
  • I followed the advice given by Bill Mosca, MVP and exported the Module as a .bas file, deleted the problematic module in the database, ran compact and repair, and then imported the .bas file from one of the secondary computers, and the problem seems to be fixed at this point. I can view the module from all three computers. 

Thank you all for the help!
    Monday, June 27, 2016 4:24 PM
  • Glad it worked. I've had objects act funny for no reason. Exporting usually works.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:14 PM