none
Connecting C# program to an access database RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having troubles integrating my program with an access database.  I can use the datasource created through the editor fine, but I cannot commit the datasource changes to the database.  I tried going through the database tutorials in the help, and they do not work either.  Any ideas?

Thx.

Monday, January 7, 2008 2:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Could you give more specifics?

Monday, January 7, 2008 6:53 PM
  • I really don't know how specific I can get.  I've followed the Northwind tutorials for connecting to an access database and committing.  I cannot successfully commit dataset changes to a database.

I create the datasource, connect it to my access database.  I have a datatable on my form representing a table in my database.  When I edit the dataset, the datatable reflects the changes, but when I try to commit those changes; using the same technique as in the tutorial; it does not update the database.
    Monday, January 7, 2008 8:21 PM
  • hi  

can u post the code here

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:24 AM
  • You may want to check the following post to see if it applies to your issue:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=427451&SiteID=1

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 1:07 PM
  • That did the trick.  I stopped the copy and edited my connection string.  I thought there was an issue there but didn't know why or how to resolve it until reading that.  Thanks!

J

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:50 PM