none
Kernel mode driver needs WHQL Signature for Win8 Logo Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have got a kernel mode driver which is talking through another already WHQL / HCK certified PNP driver to a USB device. 

If we test our complete driver install package with the Win 8 Logo test, then the test failed because that kernel mode driver has no WHQL signature. This driver has already a SPC signature with our own certificate. On Win 7 Logo test this passed.

After trying to this kernel mode driver with the current HCK tests I configure the HCK studio with "software device" so that the following tests run:

• TDI filters and LSPs are not allowed
    • Sleep and PNP (disable and enable) with IO Before and After ...

These tests succeeded. After creating the submission package I became the message that the driver is not signable because no INF file is available?!

The kernel mode driver has indeed no INF file only the underlying PNP driver. The kernel mode driver is installed with an own setup application also installing the relating *.cat file needed for the SPC signature.

Currently I am a little bit confused ...

1. Do I really have to create an INF file and have to install the driver with this one?
    2. Are the executed HCK tests OK (automatically detected and set)?
    3. Why can the Win8 Logo test want to have a WHQL signature for a kernel mode driver?

Every hints are welcome. Thanks.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:16 PM