How to use ICodecAPI in metro?

Answers

• Hello,

There is no easy way to access the underlying Media Foundation topology from the context of the MediaElement. There also should be no reason to need to set the CODECAPI_AVDecAudioDualMonoReproMode property of the decoder. This property should be set correctly in the header of the file. The source is expected to set this property on the downstream decoder automatically if it is indicated in the header.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:37 PM

All replies

• I'll ask James to look at this post.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Hello,

There is no easy way to access the underlying Media Foundation topology from the context of the MediaElement. There also should be no reason to need to set the CODECAPI_AVDecAudioDualMonoReproMode property of the decoder. This property should be set correctly in the header of the file. The source is expected to set this property on the downstream decoder automatically if it is indicated in the header.

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:37 PM
  • how to set this property to downstream decoder  in windows store apps?  

from MSDN,  app side should set attribute of AAC decoder MFT and control dual mono audio output,  ( we have verified this in desktop apps as we could access audio MFT directly ). 

in windows store apps, 

we have try to add this attribute to media type ,  ( media source ' s output  media type ),  it doesn't work.

we have try to add this attribute to media sample,   it doesn't work as well. 

-----------------------------

how could we access downstream decoder and set this property?

or , 

where we should set this property, then media element ( media session ) could apply this property to downstream decoder ?

---------------------------------------------- JohnYe from SHANGHAI. email: yechzh@126.com

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:14 AM