Conditional referencing of testsetting and vsmdi files in CodedUITestProject RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have some test solutions compatible with both 2010 and 2012. As 2010 can use testsettings and vsmdi files, I have added thier entries in the sln file.

But when I open the same solution, I do not want to have these files as part of the solution items. Can we have any conditional referencing in the solution file?

I would like to check the version of visual studio in which the sln is opened and accordingly add the solution items.

Can anyone suggest a solution for the above?

Regards,

Sirisha

sirisha

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If you want a feature to support viewing the files on conditional basis such as based on Visual Studio version, I did some researched and don’t find such a feature in VS. If you think that the feature is important, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 19, 2013 12:48 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you don’t want to reference testsettings file and vsmdi file when you open the VS2010 test solution from VS2012, you can delete the following statements under “ProjectSection(SolutionItems)=preProject” in the previous .sln file before you open the solution from VS2012:

Local.testsettings = Local.testsettings

TestProject30.vsmdi = TestProject30.vsmdi

Then you will not see them in Solution Explorer after you open the solution from VS2012.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:32 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your quick response.

I understand deleting the mentioned statements in the solution will work. But I would like to see the files when open the same solution in 2010. So, I want to view the files on conditional basis based on VisualStudio version?

Regards,

Sirisha

sirisha

Monday, April 15, 2013 4:16 AM
  • Hello,

If you want a feature to support viewing the files on conditional basis such as based on Visual Studio version, I did some researched and don’t find such a feature in VS. If you think that the feature is important, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Friday, April 19, 2013 12:48 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 4:45 AM