none
Error at SAP Port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    Today morning i got error at BizTalk which has dehydrated BizTalk Orchestration  and 4 messages got suspended. The error i got is :

The Messaging Engine received an error from transport adapter "SAP" when notifying the adapter with the BatchComplete event. Reason "Value does not fall within the expected range.".

I am sending a Request XML Message to SAP which in response give voucher number ..but message did not parked in SAP rather throw above error..After this error all other parking XML to SAP is going on successfully..

How can i able to reslove this..

-- Regards Sandeep
    Friday, March 5, 2010 12:30 PM

All replies

• Do you have a copy of XML that was being sent? Are you calling a BAPI, or posting an IDOC?  Can you provide the XML?

Friday, March 5, 2010 7:47 PM
  • Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for your reply.

I am calling BAPI .The Xml i am sending to SAP is actually employee voucher which is a request XML..
    The problem is one time it gave error as mentioned above ..
    and when i resume the suspended messges it sucessfully parked in SAP.
    The Sample XML is:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <ns0:Z_BC_FI_PARK_Doc_Request xmlns:ns0="http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/2003"> - <I_BKPF> <BUKRS>12345</BUKRS> <BLART>KE</BLART> <BUDAT>2010-03-08T00:00:00</BUDAT> <XBLNR>rtytry</XBLNR> <BKTXT>LC-12345-00000</BKTXT> </I_BKPF> - <I_BSEG> <BUZEI>1</BUZEI> <BSCHL>40</BSCHL> <UMSKZ /> <SHKZG>S</SHKZG> <DMBTR>5000</DMBTR> <SGTXT>xxxxxx</SGTXT> <ZUONR /> <KOSTL>1223344</KOSTL> <ZSAKNR>12345</ZSAKNR> </I_BSEG> - <I_BSEG> <BUZEI>2</BUZEI> <BSCHL>31</BSCHL> <UMSKZ /> <SHKZG>H</SHKZG> <DMBTR>5000</DMBTR> <SGTXT /> <ZUONR /> <KOSTL>12345KOSTL> <ZSAKNR>122333</ZSAKNR> </I_BSEG> </ns0:Z_BC_FI_PARK_Doc_Request>

Monday, March 8, 2010 7:14 AM
  • this error might be because of some business logic in SAP better contact SAP team and check if you are passing expected values
    KiranMP
    Monday, March 8, 2010 10:56 AM
  • Hi Kiran,
    I checked in BizTalk some XML Vouchers which is send by BizTalk to SAP using SAP adapter thrown the same error as mentioned above ..but when i send the same XML again ..it succesfully parked in SAP ..
    I have orchestration where i am doing error handling on SAP port ..but by mistake i didn't set property of SAP port as "transmitted"..would that be the problem ..
    pls help me ..

-- Regards Sandeep
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:04 AM
  • Hi Kiran ,
    After setting SAP Port property "Delivery Notification" to Trasmitted ..still the problem is there...

Pls Advise
    -- Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:13 PM
  • I think it has something to do with SAP not the Biztalk message, if SAP is rejecting first time and accepting second time then SAP team needs to correct their code.
    alsternatively you can check for this error and keep a retry in Biztalk orchestration with some delay.
    I dont think setting deliverynotification will help
    KiranMP
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:51 PM
  • Hi Kiran,
    I checked with SAP team they said there is no error logs for this error.
    Also i had developed one more solution in which i am refrencing the same RFC and using the same SAP server but no error is coming in that solution.
    What else would be causing the problem..
    -- Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:02 AM
  • in that case check the send port configuration if there are any changes between 2 ports config.

this error is very generic so we cant say specific reason for this
    KiranMP
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Hi Kiran,
    I checked the configuration of SAP port its OK.
    One thing is when the above error comes which is

The Messaging Engine received an error from transport adapter "SAP" when notifying the adapter with the BatchComplete event. Reason "Value does not fall within the expected range."

The messages and orchestration will go in dehydrated state ..
    I like to know when messages are in dehydrated state will they retry on port..
    becuase i manually suspend messages and then i terminate the instances..
    So that i can reset conditions in database ..to again send vouchers to SAP..
    Now,Client is claiming that two times identical vouchers has been send to SAP..
    Could you advise on this..

-- Regards Sandeep
    Monday, March 15, 2010 12:21 PM
  • no Biztalk will not retry if it is suspended if client is saying that he is getting vouchers twice then this error could be because of response from SAP, please check what response you are getting from SAP when you get this error and also before you resubmit better confirm with client if he/she has received the vouchers. and do you get this error for every request?
    KiranMP
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:54 AM
  • Hi Kiran,
    Thanks for your reply..
    No not for every request i send to SAP..but its rare.
    Also when biztalk picks vouchers from SQL table using SQL adapter ..the number of vouchers varies could be 8 to 10 in a batch..
    then i do envelope debatching and send voucher request XML to SAP..when i see the above mentioned error all of the vouchers which BizTalk have picked from SQL at that instant,.. gets dehydrated..

Would it be that SAP Adapter is waiting for reply...from SAP if no XML is there then it it thows the above mentioned error and when i check dehydrated messages it has Request Messages dehydrated..
    So is that mean that while sending Request XML voucher there would be some problem...
    Could you pls advise on this..

-- Regards Sandeep
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Hi Kiran,
    Today again same error came and 5 Orchestration went to dehydrated stage with 5 messages. These messages are SAP request messages..

I checked with SAP team they said out of 5 voucher messages 3 got successfully parked and one of them is with error something like "Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator" which could be specific to application..

Now there is no response XML which will execute Stored Procedure to store voucher number..

Could you please advise ..how SAP adapter had send messages to SAP with no response XML..
    This happens only to those vouchers in batches in which one or more vouchers are having error mentioned above as
    "Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator"

-- Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:08 AM
  • I think this is due to the SAP or configuration for SAP adapter. I would say try just creating the SAP send port without your solution preferablly on some on some other machine and then send that message and see if it throws error. This might help you in finding the cause.
    i.ahmad Please mark this as an answer if it helps
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 2:54 PM
  • Do you have a connection where you need to use RESUSE, OPEN, CLOSE as ConnectionState? This is normally needed when you are working with BAPIs and Commit Work or logical units of work.

If yes, you could try to disable connection pooling on port level. Maybe SAP has some problems with the connection remaining established across all orchestrations.

BTW: You are having duplicated entries for "I_BSEG". Is this the design of the SAP function? Why didn't they choose a TABLES parameter? This would keep it flexible?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://biztalk.hauth.me

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:11 PM