none
How to get developer's kits to write a replacement for grammar checker, spell checker and other proofing tools in MS Office? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find out how to get the developer's kits to write replacement COM objects for the grammar checker, spell checker and other proofing tools in Microsoft Word (the "perpetual license" stand alone version, NOT the Office 365 suite).  I talked to customer support and was referred to (https://) support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/262605/the-microsoft-common-speller-api-csapi-for-office-spell-checking which has a dead link to where the information used to be.  I have searched the forums and found other people had similar experiences with being referred to the dead link, but nowhere is the current information available.

I know I will need the CSAPI developer's kit, and I assume there are other APIs for grammar checking as well.  I would be glad to get an MSDN subscription if this would provide access to the information I need.  I would be ecstatic if someone could help me get in touch with the right people who own the APIs.  I am hoping maybe to find a developer who currently has access to the information and can tell me how to get it.  Does anyone know where I can get help with this?

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

The following links are reference of the 3<sup>rd</sup> party tools to help you:

Threealternatives to Word's spelling and grammar checker

<< I would be ecstatic if someone could help me get in touch with the right people who own the APIs.  I am hoping maybe to find a developer who currently has access to the information and can tell me how to get it.

Unfortunately we can not give direct contact info of our developers. Regarding dead links and feedbacks to the dev team, you can submit your questions and feedbacks at Microsoft user voice

Best Regards,

Bruce

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 8:08 AM
  • Out of date and you need to sign up to the site, but there appears to be some older info./documentation here: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1140/Using-the-Microsoft-Common-Spell-API

Peter Jamieson

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 3:56 PM