none
Bing URL does not find first address in directions mode RRS feed

Answers

  • Thanks Ricky,

    You know I have been trying to figure out where the %c2 %93 and %94 were coming from for several days. They were not part of the Access 2010 column strings that bring together the URL.  I was quite embarrassed that I had to post this type of question on the forum...but I didn't have the confidence that the URL was wrong.

    So I had n noticed that when editing the logic that creates the URL (an Access 2010 macro) through Microsoft Expression builder I would get the message "invalid expression" when putting together the expression. I look at it again and again....there was nothing wrong with the expression. 

    After your confirmation that that encoding should not be there, I decided that something was wrong with access 2010...not the code...it was behaving as if it was inserting hidden characters and the URL suggested this through extra UTC-8 characters. I had thought it might be an escape sequence for putting in quotation marks..but was doubtful and you basically confirmed this (my HTML / HTTP knowledge is very average and my Bing Maps knowledge is only just starting).

    So based on the confidence you gave me...I decided to take the ever so technical solution to all problems and reboot the development machine...sure enough a windows update was waiting for a reboot....and after the reboot the URL came together perfectly without making any changes to the Access code.

    My guess is the updates may have been affecting the keyboard input....

    Any-rate thankyou so much. I will mark this as "Answered"

    cheers,

    Tim


    .Net Development Addict

    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:41 PM
  • You appear to have some extra encoding in your URL: %C2%94 and %C2%93 removing all of these from your URL corrects the issue. For example: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?rtp=adr.70%20Lester%20Drive,Nyora,Victoria,Australia,3987~adr.400%20Warrigal%20Hwy,Cheltenham,Victoria,Australia,3192&mode=D

    http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com


    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:15 PM

All replies

  • You appear to have some extra encoding in your URL: %C2%94 and %C2%93 removing all of these from your URL corrects the issue. For example: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?rtp=adr.70%20Lester%20Drive,Nyora,Victoria,Australia,3987~adr.400%20Warrigal%20Hwy,Cheltenham,Victoria,Australia,3192&mode=D

    http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com


    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:15 PM
  • Thanks Ricky,

    You know I have been trying to figure out where the %c2 %93 and %94 were coming from for several days. They were not part of the Access 2010 column strings that bring together the URL.  I was quite embarrassed that I had to post this type of question on the forum...but I didn't have the confidence that the URL was wrong.

    So I had n noticed that when editing the logic that creates the URL (an Access 2010 macro) through Microsoft Expression builder I would get the message "invalid expression" when putting together the expression. I look at it again and again....there was nothing wrong with the expression. 

    After your confirmation that that encoding should not be there, I decided that something was wrong with access 2010...not the code...it was behaving as if it was inserting hidden characters and the URL suggested this through extra UTC-8 characters. I had thought it might be an escape sequence for putting in quotation marks..but was doubtful and you basically confirmed this (my HTML / HTTP knowledge is very average and my Bing Maps knowledge is only just starting).

    So based on the confidence you gave me...I decided to take the ever so technical solution to all problems and reboot the development machine...sure enough a windows update was waiting for a reboot....and after the reboot the URL came together perfectly without making any changes to the Access code.

    My guess is the updates may have been affecting the keyboard input....

    Any-rate thankyou so much. I will mark this as "Answered"

    cheers,

    Tim


    .Net Development Addict

    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:41 PM