none
Docker Container with GSMA Loose Trust relationship after a few days RRS feed

• Question

• We got multiple ASP.Net Core and .Net 4.5/4.6 Containers with Kerberos Authentication

Windows 2016 Process Containers - no 1709 and so on

Most Containers use: microsoft/iis as base image

In these Containers we Use the "User.IsInRole()" .Net Function to ensure Group Membership from Active Directory

After a undefined Runtime of the Containers these .Net Function Fail with follow Exception:

The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids()...

but when i cmd into the Containers and test domain trust with "nltest /parentdomain" it completed successfully also with the Powershell command Test-ComputerSecureChannel also works

when we restart the container(sometimes twice) the webapplication start working again.

Don't have any clue anymore where to look.

Thx in advance for any ideas

Backreference to github issue

https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/37459

Its the ghost in the machine how dont let me go in vadication :-)

Friday, July 13, 2018 9:55 AM

All replies

• When i restart the netlogon service in the Container itself, it starts working on the Container again.

So its not the .Net Code itself

And also the GMSA Account we use don't changed the Password when the error comes up(checked with adsi and Attribute pwdLastSet

When we restart all Containers on all docker hosts at the same time, a couple one fail with the same error

Its the ghost in the machine how dont let me go in vacation :-)

Friday, July 13, 2018 10:28 AM