SQL 2008 Express Rockwell Automation View SE issues RRS feed

• Question

• I've upgraded Rockwell Automation Factory Talk View SE from 5.0 to 6.1 and have problems. I've been using the 5.0 version for 4 years with no issues. I was told by Rockwell TechConnect they started using SQL 2008 Express this year with 6.1 so all the problems I'm having are Microsoft problems not Rockwell Automation problems.

The first round of errors were related to SQL Server errors, :SQL Server installation failed. Present attributes (Directory, Compressed), includes attributes (0), excluded attributes (Compressed, Encrypted)). Exit Code (Decimal): -2068578304

I have .NET 3.5 and 4.0 installed.

After being directed to run some updates including Visual Studio Shell SP1 2008, I'm now having the following error. Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger. An unhandled win32 exception occurred in ONRSD.EXE {3988, 2220, 4040]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Now I've seen documentation that indicates Visual Studio Shell SP1 2008 isn't used with SQL 2008 Express. This was supposed to be an insert the DVD and install the upgrade project. Now it's a mess with no clear end in sight.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:38 PM

Answers

• The first round of errors were related to SQL Server errors, :SQL Server installation failed. Present attributes (Directory, Compressed), includes attributes (0), excluded attributes (Compressed, Encrypted)). Exit Code (Decimal): -2068578304

there is a posting that SQL Server Express could not be installed into compressed folders.

Please uncompress the folder (uncheck the option compression in the property dialog for this folder) where you want install SQL Server into than this error should go away.

• Edited by Daniel_Steiner Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:29 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Iric Wen Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Iric Wen Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:00 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:28 PM