none
Connect theVM in azure through VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a virtual machine. but the problem I am facing is remote desktop connection is not working yet. I don't know how to connect it through the VPN. How do I connect that VM through VPN? Also I would like to know Why the remote desktop connection says the computer is turned off?
    Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Answers

• How are you trying to connect to the VM?  There are two options:

1. The public RDP endpoint.  Here you want to click the connect button at the bottom of the VM dashboard page.  This will connect to the public RDP endpoint opened in the endpoints tab.  Example: myVM.cloudapp.net:53845

2. Through the internal IP.  Here you need to find the local IP address of the VM.  You can see this on the dashboard page as well and it should be an IP address in the address space that you created.  When you connect with this IP, you do not need to specify a port number because it will use 3389.   However, the computer you are connect from does need to be on the local network you specified when creating the VPN and needs to have an IP address in that same local address space.

I hope that helps, if not please provide more details on how you are connecting.

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the issue is related to Virtual Network, I have moved this thread to Virtual Network forums for getting a better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Thank you sir for your suggestion but the thing is that the virtual machine is in windows azure.

Chandan Gupta Bhagat MSP 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:06 AM
  • How are you trying to connect to the VM?  There are two options:

1. The public RDP endpoint.  Here you want to click the connect button at the bottom of the VM dashboard page.  This will connect to the public RDP endpoint opened in the endpoints tab.  Example: myVM.cloudapp.net:53845

2. Through the internal IP.  Here you need to find the local IP address of the VM.  You can see this on the dashboard page as well and it should be an IP address in the address space that you created.  When you connect with this IP, you do not need to specify a port number because it will use 3389.   However, the computer you are connect from does need to be on the local network you specified when creating the VPN and needs to have an IP address in that same local address space.

I hope that helps, if not please provide more details on how you are connecting.

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:17 PM