none
RootFolder=* in the Lookup URl's causing webparts to fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

We recently did a migration from SharePoint 2010 to 2013(Foundation versions both). I have a lookup column in a discussion board(SharePoint 2013 foundation site). Whenever I click on that column It redirects to the lookup item in other list. But the web Parts on that page is throwing error.

"Error : Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator."

In the URL i can see RootFolder=* parameter . Once I remove that parameter from the URL manually ,page loads successfully without any error in web parts.

The same URL works fine in 2010 site.

Could anyone suggest how I can get rid of this parameter or any other  fix to  the issue?

Thanks,

Meena

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi all, 

Any Inputs would help!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Hi Meena- I'll take a stab at this, but first I need clarification: what web parts on which page are throwing the error? Do you mean the page where the discussion board web part is, I assume? Also, you mention removing the parameter manually- how, exaclty, are you doing that?

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:58 PM