What GPUs support WDDM 1.2?

Answers

All replies

• WDDM is a drivers spec not a hardware spec. Even if a GPU does not have WDDM 1.2 driver now (most of them won't, since driver developers got Windows 8 DP as soon as you do), the hardware producer may write one if the possible future sales of the same chip is big enough.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:35 PM
  • Sure, understood.

The GPU in my laptop (Intel HD Graphics 3000) is using a WDDM 1.2 driver which was bundled with the OS.

I'm just wondering what other WDDM 1.2 drivers are available and for what GPUs?

Thanks,

James

Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:50 PM
  • I would suggest you to bring the question to the manufecturer, in this case Intel. Only they know the development plans of their drivers.

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:58 PM
  • True.

Are there any WDDM 1.2 drivers bundled with Windows 8?

Thanks,

James

Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:01 PM
  • Driver developers need to submit them for WHQL testing if they want to ship their drivers with Windows, so you need to know if there are WDDM 1.2 driver made by the manufecturer for your interested GPU first. For example, take a look at http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2011/09/13/amd-ready-for-windows-8-at-build/

Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Ah the link on that page was just what I was looking for!

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU119Win8GPUDriverSupport.aspx

Hopefully there will be similar info for Intel & Nvidia shortly.

Thanks for your help,

James

Thursday, October 27, 2011 10:19 PM