none
I am having a problen with calculated field in a dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I have a golf league web site using dynamic data with vwd2008 express and ms sql database.

I have a query that fills a table adapter with the following data:

SELECT     Flight.Flight, Members.First_Name + N' ' + Members.Last_Name AS Name, Members.Handicap, Score.PlayedDate, Score.Hole_1, Score.Hole_2,
                          Score.Hole_3, Score.Hole_4, Score.Hole_5, Score.Hole_6, Score.Hole_7, Score.Hole_8, Score.Hole_9, Score.Hole_10, Score.Hole_11, Score.Hole_12, Score.Hole_13, Score.Hole_14, Score.Hole_15, Score.Hole_16, Score.Hole_17, Score.Hole_18
    FROM         Flight INNER JOIN
                          Members ON Flight.Flight_ID = Members.Flight INNER JOIN
                          Score ON Members.Member_ID = Score.Member_ID
    WHERE     (Score.PlayedDate BETWEEN CONVERT(DATETIME, '2010-05-01 00:00:00', 102) AND { fn NOW() })
    ORDER BY Score.PlayedDate

I need to create a calculated TOTAL field that adds the values of the 18 holes so I can do averages and handicaps for the players.

What would be an expression that will work. Every time I put in an expression I get a null value.

Using the same expression in the report designer I get the correct value but it is not tied to a Field label.

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

James Rambo
    Friday, February 25, 2011 7:43 PM