Methods missing in mscorlib.4.0.0.0.Fakes.dll RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded our app from VS12 to VS2013 Ultimate Update 5 which has the MS Fakes. I'm having trouble getting the unit test project to build.  I get the error:Getting an error Error 9 'System.IO.Fakes.ShimFile' does not contain a definition for 'ReadAllLinesStringEncoding'.

Here's the code

System.IO.Fakes.

ShimFile.ReadAllLinesStringEncoding= (path, encoding) =>

{

Assert.AreEqual(System.Text.Encoding.GetEncoding(28591), encoding);

addRun(

FunctionNames.ReadAllLines);

returnnewstring[] { };

};

Thanks your help.

• Moved by DotNet Wang Friday, January 15, 2016 6:06 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi NitaMejorada,

I test it in my side using VS2015 with update 1 and VS2013 with update 5.

A: VS2015

B: VS2013

It seems that just the VS2015 has this definition for 'ReadAllLinesStringEncoding', VS2013 has no that option. So if possible, you could test it using the VS2015 Environment.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Hi NitaM,

It really has this issue, I also get it in my VS2012 IDE.

The VS2013 really has this feedback, so I think it would be a real issue. I help you submit a feedback here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2262482/methods-missing-in-mscorlib-4-0-0-0-fakes-dll-in-vs2013

You could vote this connect, I think that we would get useful information from the report team members.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:46 AM

All replies

• Hi NitaMejorada,

Based on your description, your case more related to Visual Studio Unit Testing , I will move your case to that forum for better support.

Best regards,

Kristin

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:04 AM
  • Hi NitaMejorada,

I test it in my side using VS2015 with update 1 and VS2013 with update 5.

A: VS2015

B: VS2013

It seems that just the VS2015 has this definition for 'ReadAllLinesStringEncoding', VS2013 has no that option. So if possible, you could test it using the VS2015 Environment.

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, January 16, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your time. 

We just upgraded our app from VS12 to VS13.  VS12 did have this method.  Would there be a patch to have this method in VS13? 

Thanks again,

NitaM

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hi NitaM,

It really has this issue, I also get it in my VS2012 IDE.

The VS2013 really has this feedback, so I think it would be a real issue. I help you submit a feedback here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/2262482/methods-missing-in-mscorlib-4-0-0-0-fakes-dll-in-vs2013

You could vote this connect, I think that we would get useful information from the report team members.

Best Regards,

Jack

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 5:46 AM