none
Design View Rendered too small

Question

• Hi,

I recently upgraded my laptop which has Windows 10 installed (the screen is a 4K), after installing VS I noticed that the design view is almost unusal as it is so small - the code view looks OK?

Is there a fix?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi SanjShah12,

>>after installing VS I noticed that the design view is almost unusal as it is so small

Since you can't adjust the screen resolution. The only way I can think of is to drag the form to enlarge it.

For Example:

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:13 AM
  • Or you can check what is your Form default Font....

Could it be that your default Font is minuscule? What's your base Form font size?

If you increase Font size (or choose a different Font) for the Form, you will have everything on the Form larger... try it and report if that improves thing.

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:43 AM

All replies

• The winform design view doesn't zoom (it's pixel based not vector based...).Just modify you screen resolution.

WPF design view does zoom.

Ctrl-MouseWheel in code view to zoom in-out.

Thursday, March 3, 2016 9:33 PM
  • Hi SanjShah12,

Could you please tell me what's your project type? If possible, please share us a UI of your design view.

How about creating a new windows application? For example: windows form application or WPF

First please try to adjust the resolution of your laptop.

If still no help, may be you could workaround by drag the form to enlarge it. Also you could try the suggestion shared by Cyrille Précetti.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, March 4, 2016 2:23 AM
  • Many thanks for your replies.

I am using a asp.net webforms, the code view is fine as I have zoomed, but the design view is the one I am having an issue with - I would prefer not to decrease the screen resolution as I would like to use the extra screen real estate for the other panels.

Saturday, March 5, 2016 10:03 PM
  • Hi SanjShah12,

>>after installing VS I noticed that the design view is almost unusal as it is so small

Since you can't adjust the screen resolution. The only way I can think of is to drag the form to enlarge it.

For Example:

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:13 AM
  • Or you can check what is your Form default Font....

Could it be that your default Font is minuscule? What's your base Form font size?

If you increase Font size (or choose a different Font) for the Form, you will have everything on the Form larger... try it and report if that improves thing.

Monday, March 7, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Same issue. Visual Studio 2015 on a laptop with 3840*1920 screen resolution. All of a sudden Designer View is extremely small - unusable. This was not an initial problem. I cannot find an option anywhere to affect designer view. Changing display resolution of the laptop does not correct. All Visual Studio ASP.NET projects now exhibit this behavior. Running the ASP.NET applications in debugger - pages display correctly. 

Fred Hayes

Saturday, July 2, 2016 8:31 PM
  • Hi Fred Hayes,

>>Visual Studio 2015 on a laptop with 3840*1920 screen resolution. All of a sudden Designer View is extremely small - unusable.

Could you please tell me what's the version of you windows system? I suggest you could post a new thread in our forum then we will follow up it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, July 4, 2016 1:08 AM