extract Information out other programs RRS feed

• Question

• First I would say I am German and my englisch is bad. But I would try it. If I make an error, you will correct me.

My ask: How I can extract Information from another program in C#?

I would program a task-Manager in Visual Studio. I want to know how I get the Information from the Windows Task-Manager.

Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:25 AM

Answers

• Edited by lapheal Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, May 19, 2014 8:33 AM
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:14 AM
  • There are two methods

1) Use process like lapheal said.  You can then use standardinput and standardoutput to transfer data between the two applications.  standardinput and standardoutput are stream classes which can be used so you can then use ConsoleRead() and ConsoleWrite() methods to send data.

2) Use a virtual connection which uses the Ethernet driver to transfer data.  This is nice that you can easily change the program to transfer data between different computers by simply changing the computer name in the code.  Virtual connection are also nice that they can be made secure and berun as a service.  There are three basic methods for virtual connections

a) WPF Service

b) TCP Class

c) UDP Class

jdweng

Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:18 AM

All replies

• Edited by lapheal Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:17 AM
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:14 AM
  • There are two methods

1) Use process like lapheal said.  You can then use standardinput and standardoutput to transfer data between the two applications.  standardinput and standardoutput are stream classes which can be used so you can then use ConsoleRead() and ConsoleWrite() methods to send data.

2) Use a virtual connection which uses the Ethernet driver to transfer data.  This is nice that you can easily change the program to transfer data between different computers by simply changing the computer name in the code.  Virtual connection are also nice that they can be made secure and berun as a service.  There are three basic methods for virtual connections

a) WPF Service

b) TCP Class

c) UDP Class

jdweng

Sunday, May 11, 2014 11:18 AM