none
Books Online hyperlinks not active RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  New user.  Intalled 2008 R2 Express with AS successfully, but the BOOKS ONLINE feature I downloaded after the express install doesn't seem to be working.  I can view the entire feature, but none of the hyperlinks to drill down to details are activated.   Can someone help with this?      Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I downloaded the SQL Server 2008R2 Books Online from Microsoft Download Center and installed it on my computer, everything worked well. All the hyperlinks in the BOOK ONLINE  are active, and I can read contents via clicking the hyperlinks.

Could you please check that if your system meets the prerequisites of installing SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online following this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9071 ?

Please note that you cannot have side-by-side installations of Books Online on the same machine. If you have installed other versions of Books Online on your computer, please try to uninstall them , then reinstall SQL Server 2008 R2 Books Online.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Friday, August 1, 2014 7:22 AM

All replies