View Approval Status in Calendar view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to make my Calendar view to view the title & the approval status (in a month view)
    so the approval guys will be able to see in the calendar for example: "Maintenance - Approved/Not approve"
    or instead - items that are not approved will be in different colors.

i tried to achieve this with calculated columns but it got an error:
    "One or more column references are not allowed, because the columns are defined as a data type that is not supported in formulas. "

I already created another view (Standard view) so the approvals can see which items are approved and which is not, but it is not working very good for me because the Default view is the Calendar (and should stay like this)
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:54 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization)
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• Can you filter your list in the view using the approval status? If so, you may show the approved items only in the calendar.

If that doesn't work, create your own custom list with the fields that you need and it'll give you more control over the columns and you can create your calculated column to show "Item - Approved" or "Item - Not Approved" in your calendar display.

• Proposed as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:19 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:49 PM

All replies

• What's the data type of the approval field?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:59 AM
  • i don't know.
    how can i check?
    the approval status is automatic column.
    i think it is look up type from i see in the internet but i don't understand the differences.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:20 AM
  • You can check the data type of the field by going to the list settings. All columns will be listed there with their display name and data type.

If it's a look up field, you won't be able to use it in calculated column.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 4:11 PM
  • it is not listed in under "Columns" only under "view" it is part of the view.
    and in the view there is no data type section.

I told you what are my needs, there is no way to achieved it? i don't care in which way (calculated column or other)

10x!
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 9:10 AM
  • Can you filter your list in the view using the approval status? If so, you may show the approved items only in the calendar.

If that doesn't work, create your own custom list with the fields that you need and it'll give you more control over the columns and you can create your calculated column to show "Item - Approved" or "Item - Not Approved" in your calendar display.

• Proposed as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:19 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:49 PM