How to edit the XML files in ICE ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

Recently , I ofen see that many people like to edit the XML files(answer files source code) , But I don't know how to edit the XML files in ICE. Do I need to download the special xml edit tools to edit the xml ? who can tell me how to edit the xml file in ICE ? Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you cannot edit the answer file in ICE (the raw XML lines) directly. ICE just applies a new answer file or interprets an existing one (shows you the packages and options). If you want to edit the answer file directly a simple texteditor like notepad is enough. For more comfort I would recommend the free Notepad++ text editor (syntax highlighting etc.)

After editing just reload the answer to your ICE, verify the changed settings (!) and build your image.

Hope it helps.

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Monday, October 31, 2011 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by bruce_lin Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:41 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you cannot edit the answer file in ICE (the raw XML lines) directly. ICE just applies a new answer file or interprets an existing one (shows you the packages and options). If you want to edit the answer file directly a simple texteditor like notepad is enough. For more comfort I would recommend the free Notepad++ text editor (syntax highlighting etc.)

After editing just reload the answer to your ICE, verify the changed settings (!) and build your image.

Hope it helps.

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Monday, October 31, 2011 3:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by bruce_lin Wednesday, November 2, 2011 1:41 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 9:56 AM
  • Thanks in advance

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:24 AM