none
Can't exit from VS

Question

• I'm getting this error since I've done a repair install on my Visual Studio 2015 community edition.

If I open VS and exit right after it started up, it just exits and I get no error.

If I open VS and open a project, solution or web site, I get the following error when I try to exit:

Cannot cast the underlying exported value of type 'Microsoft.AppInsights.HockeyApp.IHockeyAppProvider' to type 'Microsoft.AppInsights.HockeyApp.IHockeyAppProvider'.

And it won't exit no mater what I try. I have to kill the process from the task manager.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi László T. _,

Thank you for your post.

>>Microsoft.AppInsights

According to this error information, firstly, please check if you have already installed Application Insight Tools for Visual Studio Package, or did you install the Application Insights related extensions?

If so, please try to restart Windows and in safe mode, run devenv /safemode in Visual Studio 2015 Command Prompt.

If in safe mode this issue disappeared, the cause should be third-party applications, services or Visual Studio Add-ins.

Besides, have you installed VS 2015 update 2?

If not , you may download and install it from the following link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hi László T. _,

Thank you for your post.

>>Microsoft.AppInsights

According to this error information, firstly, please check if you have already installed Application Insight Tools for Visual Studio Package, or did you install the Application Insights related extensions?

If so, please try to restart Windows and in safe mode, run devenv /safemode in Visual Studio 2015 Command Prompt.

If in safe mode this issue disappeared, the cause should be third-party applications, services or Visual Studio Add-ins.

Besides, have you installed VS 2015 update 2?

If not , you may download and install it from the following link:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs.aspx

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi László T. _,

Have you solve this issue successfully? if so, please share us your solution and result here.

It will benefit other community member who faces similar issue.

Best Regards,

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:53 AM